• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which would you rather have?...

What would you rather have?

• An Oakley produced 24k SAMPLE Juliet/XS with a 9/10 frame

• A CUSTOM 24k Juliet/XS with 10/10 frame

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not really at the moment. I'd have to do one completely start to finish on a frame of my own to get an idea on time and cost. I could plate a thick layer of gold onto the frame as well so would take a long time time wear off if it did. Or plate the majority of the frame in a decent layer of gold and build up a thick layer on the tips of the earstems. As the tips of the earstems see the majority of the wear.

The inner orbitals as well (for some people, it touches the brow). It would probably be most cost effective that way as well.

These are supposed to be solid gold.

1059FBC7-CBAF-4990-9421-90F7666A10EF.jpeg
04375E76-6FFE-4745-B1FA-E155BC4DCF06.jpeg

I’ve looked into doing a solid gold Romeo. The jeweler said it could be done. Considering it, but none of the gem stones.

Yeah solid gold would be in a whole other ballpark of price. I tend to agree with Zach these days. I like wearing shades that I know nobody else has, or at least very few. In my small town of Mayberry you will hardly ever see another x metal let alone a custom. Unlike the majority my polished Juliet gets the least amount of wear, it's just not me. Only reason I don't have Zach or Bones ano it is because it was my first new pair bought from an O store years ago and I have everything it came with. It would make more sense to sell it and buy a much worn polished frame and have it ano'd. My next pair will be a polished Juliet to have ano'd it the blue that matches the dwp. I decided to stick with Juliets and not try the XS to avoid living in the box at the Mickey D's drive thru. Then thanks to Mr. Frog, my final pair will be another Juliet done by Zach it that insane oil slick ano. As long as nobody posts pics of any other crazy custom Juliet I can call the collection complete.

At least for a few weeks. Later
NCH

These are supposed to be solid gold.

View attachment 437543 View attachment 437544

I’ve looked into doing a solid gold Romeo. The jeweler said it could be done. Considering it, but none of the gem stones.

If they are truly solid Gold, that I assume would make them 9kt, for the strength required to keep them in one piece, not to mention, the sheer weight. They're shiny, but bloody hideous with it. Pimp material, with diamonds.........diamonds......seriously?

If they are truly solid Gold, that I assume would make them 9kt, for the strength required to keep them in one piece, not to mention, the sheer weight. They're shiny, but bloody hideous with it. Pimp material, with diamonds.........diamonds......seriously?

Could be 9K, but I think 14K would do fine. The weight would probably be considerable. The other issue to ponder is that if they are solid gold, then they are truly not Oakley, but rather they are fakes. Very expensive fakes Lol.

Could be 9K, but I think 14K would do fine. The weight would probably be considerable. The other issue to ponder is that if they are solid gold, then they are truly not Oakley, but rather they are fakes. Very expensive fakes Lol.

Not to mention, they offend my eyes...lol

They're just TOO ostentatious.

What did he quote you for the price

He gave me a very rough estimate because I don’t really know what the weight of an R1 in gold would weigh. I mentioned the weight of 46 grams that is the weight in X-Metal. Based on the price of gold at the time, he would charge roughly $40/gram. If u calculate an estimated weight at 50 grams of gold that’s roughly 2k plus labor. Idk. It’s a very rough estimate and I only asked one person. I’m sure I might get a better price if I look around.