• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which X metal frames are self serviceable?

Has anyone used Linegear’s tool to remove the pins? Is it easy to put new pins back in?
I have one I modded a little. That thing will ruin pins until you have it set just right. The main thing is to have the right parts so that it all lines up. I don’t even use that tool anymore really. Get your flex couplers and pins and any screws you need from @zwc0442. He has the best parts hands down. TWSS

I have one I modded a little. That thing will ruin pins until you have it set just right. The main thing is to have the right parts so that it all lines up. I don’t even use that tool anymore really. Get your flex couplers and pins and any screws you need from @zwc0442. He has the best parts hands down. TWSS
Ok great, are you just using basic hand tools to pop and reinsert new pins?

Yep. I use my thumbnail to push the pin in almost all the way. Just need to press it in the last bit to get over the lock ring.
Thanks, sorry for so many questions but can you tell me what tool you are using to remove the pin? Just want to make sure I don’t wreck my glasses

Thanks, sorry for so many questions but can you tell me what tool you are using to remove the pin? Just want to make sure I don’t wreck my glasses
You’re good. That’s how you learn. I should have been more specific, I don’t use the LG thing to put them back. I still use it for now to take them out, just blunt the tip so it’s not sharp. I do have another tool for taking them out that I’m working on, a friend is making me a final piece for it.

You’re good. That’s how you learn. I should have been more specific, I don’t use the LG thing to put them back. I still use it for now to take them out, just blunt the tip so it’s not sharp. I do have another tool for taking them out that I’m working on, a friend is making me a final piece for it.
Awesome thanks! That was half the reason I don’t wear the Juliets much. The thought of sending those things for a repair is a pain

Awesome thanks! That was half the reason I don’t wear the Juliets much. The thought of sending those things for a repair is a pain
No prob dude. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve done and I only seriously ****ed up one and it was early on. Just go slow and be patient. Smoke a fat one first of you’re into that, keeps my hands steady lol

No prob dude. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve done and I only seriously ****ed up one and it was early on. Just go slow and be patient. Smoke a fat one first of you’re into that, keeps my hands steady lol
well, now you gotta specify how fat or someone is gonna mess up and it'll be your fault.

I use an old RCBS single station reloading press. The decap pin is hardened steel and easily pushes pins out of x-metal frames. I use the larger diameter end of the decap pin to push the new pin in place. You will need to make a base to push against. I used 9mm and a .40S&W brass that are cut down and pushed together. Using a 9mm shell holder, you can push against the base of the .40 casing. The old pin gets pushed into the primer pocket. Use a small piece of foam tape or a microfiber cloth to protect the frame finish. The reloading press is much stronger yet more controllable than the Linegear c-press...

Back