• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which X-Metal??

yajson

Oakley Beginner
Philippines
I'm wondering which x-metal has a good coverage in your eyes? Those that doesnt have light leakage in the sides and the top of eyes. Never tried any older x-metals and the Badman will be officially launched today in my country and planning to try that out..
So what you guys think??

I'm wondering which x-metal has a good coverage in your eyes? Those that doesnt have light leakage in the sides and the top of eyes. Never tried any older x-metals and the Badman will be officially launched today in my country and planning to try that out..
So what you guys think??

it depends on the size of your head actually.... but romeos and xsquared for me have the biggest coverage.... try the badmans... but they are not even par with the older xmetals...

XX & XS are of similar coverage, though different styles. I don't wear XS well. I prefer XX over all other frames, including my many Juliet's. The bottom of the XX orbitals extend lower towards the cheek bone and the frames are slightly wider, in comparison to a Juliet. You'll likely have difficulty finding a pair of X metals to test in person beyond a Juliet.

Romeo has similar coverage, however the larger frame suites larger faces.

A Romeo is not as adept at being a daily wearer because of the way the frame is engineered to handle the stress of putting on/taking off in comparison to any frame with a flex coupler. Also, Romeo frames are far more valuable which can lead to high replacement and/or maintenance costs.

Last edited:
I can speak only of the R1s and Juliets because they are all I've ever owned, but generally speaking, they are good sport/lifestyle kind of frame. Great coverage, not aviators or anything like that, but not goggles either. Juliets are the most popular because I feel they fit most people the best and the nose flexy thingy allows it to adapt to different faces. The R1s are more rigid but as it turns out, they fit my big head like a glove so they are my go to pair by a long way.

Back