• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whisker Prizm Ruby or Prizm Polarised for driving?

canada16

Oakley Beginner
Hey all, first post from the UK.
Anyway, I damaged my RayBans during a car accident and lucky enough the third party insurers paid for another pair.

I wanted to try something new, and my last Oakley's were about 20 years ago with some E-wires.

My glasses will soley be used for driving, and as we have a lot of rain in the UK, we get a lot of sun bouncing off the roads and blinding you.

I really love the look of the Whisker Ruby but they dont do it in Polarised in the UK, they only have the grey ones in Prizm Polarised.

I am not all that up on this Prizm lens and if they are better or the same as Polarised.

Whats your thoughts, should I stay polarised for driving, or are the Standard Ruby Prizm really good as well?

I wish they did the Whisker Ruby in polarised, but I cannot seem to find any here.

I have a really narrow head, glasses dont fit very well on me, so I need small wrap around type, so I am very limited.

Thanks all

Thanks @MatSteelersFan 👍

I know there are no glasses that offer 100% glare reduction as my old raybans were polarised and there were times when the sun was very low and bouncing off a wet road and almost blinded me.

Thats were I was confused about the Prizm Ruby as its something different and like the grey and orange.

I usually hate lenses like this, but for some reason, on these glasses they seem to really work.

So this is where I am stuck as from what you said, Prizm are good for contrast, but polarised are good for reflective glare which is what I need for driving. Damn oakley for not making Prizm Ruby polarised for these frames, I would buy in a heartbeat

Welcome! prizm ruby polarized is an awesome lens, but they don’t make it for thr whisker. Prizm ruby uses a tungsten base, you could go with the prizm tungsten polarized as it is very similar.

I would recommend polarized for driving. There are other frames such as portal x that offer prizm ruby polarized as an option. Sorry I don’t have a better answer but I too like the whisker and use the tungsten version.

Thanks @WildWires
Yeah I seen those, but I can see my eyes right through them, which I dont like. I feel like Bono LOL

I am trying them online as shops will be closed until March here in the UK so I need to buy online which is frustrating.

Thanks @WildWires
Yeah I seen those, but I can see my eyes right through them, which I dont like. I feel like Bono LOL

I am trying them online as shops will be closed until March here in the UK so I need to buy online which is frustrating.
Totally get it! maybe another option could be the siphon, it is kinda like the whisker, but offers prizm ruby polarized. Just tossing another idea out.

Me personally, i love Prizm Snow Torch Prizm Maritime Polar, and Prizm Ruby Polar as well as old school Ruby Polar. I live in a temperate rain forest and we see many overcast days, so i can understand somewhat what youre lookimg for.

If the Whisker is your forever frame, and does not have a suitable lense offering, there are people like @Chris A Hardaway that work magic, but idk anyone across the pond. (chime in UK peeps)

IMG_20201124_154441.jpg

IMG_20201124_154500.jpg

IMG_20210207_081427.jpg

Last edited:
Back