• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whiskers and Frame Color

AED

Oakley Enthusiast
I have a pair of Whiskers that were prescription, but since thrown a set of fuse lens on the, the frame is a copper- bronze, anyway good way of spraying the frame black? (Looking for something to wear in a suit) And, they’re older, still in great shape, but need new rubber.

Any recommendations?

The only correct answer is a second pair in black.

Really though, I’d hate to see that copper get covered up. But Montana Cans is a good strong spray paint if you want to go that route.

‘The only correct answer is a second pair in black’…

I like the way you think….the whiskers I have now, are an older pair, and I popped out the prescription lens I don’t need anymore. I’ll have to find a dark lens replacement.

What are the specs on the new Whiskers available now, I’d like to see them with a larger lens, of not I had looked at an all black Wiretap 2

‘The only correct answer is a second pair in black’…

I like the way you think….the whiskers I have now, are an older pair, and I popped out the prescription lens I don’t need anymore. I’ll have to find a dark lens replacement.

What are the specs on the new Whiskers available now, I’d like to see them with a larger lens, of not I had looked at an all black Wiretap 2
If you have the original whiskers I definitely wouldn't go painting them.

The new whiskers are 60mm wide on the lens and 34.8mm tall.

Wire Tap 2.0 are 60mm wide and 38.7mm tall. But the wiretap 2.0 felt a little weak at the arm joints (whiskers feel lighter but they didn't creak or rattle like where that 'tap' point is on the WT2).