• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCForge

Shelf Whore Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Amish Country, USA
I created a thread last night asking how this is allowed to happen in the exchange:

I wake up to find my thread was deleted for no god damn good reason. I didn’t break any rules or mention anyone in particular. I linked to the thread posted above. I received no explanation or communication as to why the thread was deleted. It’s just GONE and was digitally swept under the rug.

When I have a legitimate concern about how the exchange is moderated on this forum (because members are getting shafted by other members), and the thread gets nuked by a moderator, it only reinforces my point that this behavior is condoned or, at the very least, purposely overlooked.

If the moderator(s) want to grow up and have a real conversation instead of deleting threads, they know how to find me.

@htrap2294, did you get your money back yet?

If the exchange is not monitored better and foul Member are not regulated or expelled the exchange will turn into the Wild West.
And that would be a tragedy.
Also should be member allowed to start a discussion on how the Exchange should be run so it's safe and reliable.
Especially new and less experienced members should be able to rely on dealing with honest, decent partners.
So far this was the only place I know of.

The post you created was to cause a argument. Every post in it was with popcorn and nothing helpful, showing the threads intent.

Things to keep in mind

The marketplace is a "use at your own risk" setup. Oakley Forum Staff will not be involved in any mediation, issue management etc. for any deals performed on the site. We do not have the facts, have no vested interest in the deals, and have no legal authority.

Members may not be called our publicly (I.e rant threads defaming members); All feedback (negative and positive) is handled through the feedback system. The argument of "I want people to know" is completely ridiculous as a thread will fade away, while feedback remains in place forever. Arguments, flaming, ranting, defaming other members is not tolerated.

Any transactions discussed/performed in the Oakley Exchange are the responsibility of the buyers and sellers. Oakley Forums is not responsible for any purchases/transactions performed or discussed in this forum.

Because we are not involved in any transactions performed on this site, we can only recommend, a safe way to perform transactions. Our recommendation, is once you have the transaction planned out, have the seller go to Ebay.com, and create a posting for the items for the agreed price. The buyer can than immediately go on and buy the item. This way the buyer and seller are both protected by Ebay. This is just a recommendation of a way to perform safe transaction. You may perform than in any way you see fit.

The post you created was to cause a argument. Every post in it was with popcorn and nothing helpful, showing the threads intent.

Things to keep in mind

The marketplace is a "use at your own risk" setup. Oakley Forum Staff will not be involved in any mediation, issue management etc. for any deals performed on the site. We do not have the facts, have no vested interest in the deals, and have no legal authority.

Members may not be called our publicly (I.e rant threads defaming members); All feedback (negative and positive) is handled through the feedback system. The argument of "I want people to know" is completely ridiculous as a thread will fade away, while feedback remains in place forever. Arguments, flaming, ranting, defaming other members is not tolerated.

Any transactions discussed/performed in the Oakley Exchange are the responsibility of the buyers and sellers. Oakley Forums is not responsible for any purchases/transactions performed or discussed in this forum.

Because we are not involved in any transactions performed on this site, we can only recommend, a safe way to perform transactions. Our recommendation, is once you have the transaction planned out, have the seller go to Ebay.com, and create a posting for the items for the agreed price. The buyer can than immediately go on and buy the item. This way the buyer and seller are both protected by Ebay. This is just a recommendation of a way to perform safe transaction. You may perform than in any way you see fit.

It was not created to cause an argument. It was created to start a dialog. I didn’t mention any names and I can’t stop other people from posting popcorn.

So you’re saying my thread got deleted bc of what other people posted? Ok, yea that makes sense

So are there rules in the exchange or not? Your response points to the latter.

The responses to your thread beg to differ on your intent. Your thread was removed due to its intent.

The rules are set out on how conduct should be handled prior to a agreement. After that the mod team has no way knowing the true facts from both sides and do not intervene.

Do you feel this is inaccurate?

The responses to your thread beg to differ on your intent. Your thread was removed due to its intent.

The rules are set out on how conduct should be handled prior to a agreement. After that the mod team has no way knowing the true facts from both sides and do not intervene.

How am I supposed to control what other people post on my thread? You’re really taking that position? So if I want someone else’s thread deleted, I just have to post popcorn? Wow, just wow.

I’m already told you my intent was to start a dialog. Anything different is just plain false. Being that no one can see the thread anymore, it’s convenient for you to say it was deleted due to my “intent”. How about you let others see it and decide for themselves instead of full blown censorship?

The seller was laughing about people saying he should be banned for screwing over @htrap2294 in the original thread. I think that’s all the facts you really need to know about this situation.

Last edited:
So basically you take people's money for an "enhanced" membership, then do nothing to help them not get screwed? That's why I don't have a premium membership. People should have the right to know if a seller or buyer is shady.

Keep in mind, I never mentioned any names except @htrap2294 to ask if he got his money refunded yet.

Apparently, even when you follow the rules, you’re in violation of others.

Your first sentence just destroyed your whole argument. The key word here is “prior”.

The deal was already made, the money was sent and received. The seller got a higher offer, canceled the transaction with @httap2294 and sold it to the other party that offered more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back