• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Chrome Issues? -Radar

OakleyBaseball10

Oakley Beginner
Hey again everybody, long time no post. Well, I have decided for certain now that I want to customize a pair of Oakley Radars for myself. I'm starting to like the white chrome, but an issue seems to be popping up everywhere online-the paint flakes. All these posts are from a few years back, but I was curious if this issue still exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if any of you want to see what I hope they will look like, my choices are: White chrome/fire iridium/black or orange icons/black ear socks. Let me know what you think! Also, if you have white chrome radars, post pics! I would love to see how they actually look.

Just get them
F07B6C42-13E8-4163-993C-7F8475E397D8-5506-00000261817D99C0.jpg
C979707F-0CB4-4263-A758-54F26EB45FBA-5506-00000261837161CD.jpg
Here some pic of a pair I used to own
Most of us own tons and tons of glasses so if you have them on rotation, they won't be worn out fast. There asian fit , the one that I had and fit nice, not so tight at all! Don't worry about flaking issue, buy them and like them !!
Also just clean the sunglasses after every wear so they stay clean as possible preventing flaking and wear.
BMX chrome radar probably have the most issue with flaking but it wouldn't stop me from trying own 3 pairs of chrome radars!! I like them and if flake they flake, I'm get them modded or custom another color over the flaking paint .Won't stop me from wearing them and liking them.
I only see flaking with radars on the back tips of the glasses, like from changing socks. Other then that I don't think there many other place you'll see wear or flaking or peeling paint.

The problem is they won't be on rotation, or at least not often. I'm young-ish, so I'm saving up money to afford these. They will be my second pair, but will be the better. My others are like 3 yr old half jacket 2.0. If they do flake, codes a warranty apply anywhere? And ok, I'll just clean them, add never change the ear socks lol. Those are pretty sweet, basically the exact same thing I want only you had the + red, and I want fire. Other than that, they look sick! Thanks for the pics, and helpful info!

The flaking/peel issue is much worse on pairs where the finish comes in direct contact with your skin. With the Radar, the nosepads and earsocks are really the only things that really touch your face, so you don't have to worry as much. However, as stated above, remember to clean the frame regularly after wear to help prevent problems.

Alright, if I do opt for the white chrome, I'll make sure to clean them. Does anybody know if this is covered in the warranty? I can't seem to find anything that states the warranty. If you find that, and are too lazy to read that, I will read it of you link it. Thanks everybody!

From my experience, Oakley will cover the paint flaking under warranty.... Only if its within a year and you have your receipt from an authorized Oakley dealer.

Ok, thank you Lionel. In that case, I will probably go with the White Chrome, and just take special care with them. Thanks everybody who helped!

Back