• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Chrome vs. Dark Grey frame durability

As much as I love +Red lenses, almost every one of them have delaminated. :mad:

So far so good with all of my White Chrome and Black Chrome pair's finishes. They are beautiful finishes.

Good luck.

That’s been my experience also. My RJ, SJ2 and Valve have all done it. Only lenses I’ve replaced for that reason is the Pos Red. Shame too cause it’s a great lens.

Hm, I never heard these stories about the +red lenses before. What could be the cause, I wonder? They don't seem to be different from, say, Ruby, in terms of production technology.

On a different note, any experiences with Dark Grey frames? Do they peel (i.e. painted frames) or is the color of the material itself grey (as with matte black, for instance)?

Hm, I never heard these stories about the +red lenses before. What could be the cause, I wonder? They don't seem to be different from, say, Ruby, in terms of production technology.

On a different note, any experiences with Dark Grey frames? Do they peel (i.e. painted frames) or is the color of the material itself grey (as with matte black, for instance)?
Depends on the frame. I wrote this earlier, but the “lead” color frame I have (and graphite) chip, though rarely and it doesn’t peel/spread.
Carbon frames, seem to be fine.

Depends on the frame. I wrote this earlier, but the “lead” color frame I have (and graphite) chip, though rarely and it doesn’t peel/spread.
Carbon frames, seem to be fine.
Thanks. I'm not sure if Dark Grey is similar to those or not. I mean, not sure if it's painted at all. I have a Steel frame Radar EV, which is fine after 3 years of use (cycling), but again, I don't know if Dark Grey is similar or not

Can anyone chime in on the Dark Grey frame durability-wise?
Of course, any other comments on the White Chrome are also still welcome

Back