• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Chrome Vs Plasma On Radars

MarcelN

Oakley Expert
Does anyone have both and would be kind enough to take pics of them side to side? Or at least describe a difference if there's any?

I'm looking at them on google pics and they seem to be so similar it's hard even to try to guess which is which.

I should be able to do this next week if nobody else gets back to you.

The plasma is more of a brown/gold and more of a matte finish. Generally lends itself to gold iridium/black/bronze lenses. Ice/+Red/G25/etc don't tend to look great.

The white/chrome is just as it sounds. It's no even close to plasma. There are also polished and pearl white to consider.

There's also Vegas Gold that's a little like Plasma just WAY better (biased as it's my favourite and I'm currently losing my mind because I still can't get Jawbone in VG).

photo63pk.jpg

I don't have plasma but here is white chrome. I've seen the plasma in person and oakster is right there is quite a difference

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh, I see now! I was looking at the ebay listings and I think I was mistaken by item number 160745087138. It's white chrome not plasma, bad description. Difference is indeed big. I really like white chrome, it's not as plain as polished white, but not as offensive as chrome. So pics are not needed any longer :redface: Thanks for help!

haha, yeah chrome is very cool! But you get big attention while you wear such oakleys. Sometimes something less exciting is nice too :smile:

White Chrome is pretty, but you will knock the finish off of the nosepiece changing lenses and it will look like donkey.

Back