• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Earsocks Durability

Rearmount

Oakley Beginner
I have a Radar inbound and was thinking about swapping out the black earsocks with some white ones. For those with white earsocks, how difficult is it to keep them clean and spotless? Do they yellow after exposure to sun, sweat, etc.? Looking to spice up this all-black frame and can't seem to decide whether to go with white or yellow socks. Would hate to spend money on them only to replace them a couple months later.:confused: (First world problems, right? :wink:)

Also, what is that lubricant Oakley dips their glasses into when they're putting on the earsocks on those custom Radars (as seen in those Safehouse videos)?

Go with yellow, I had one set of white on a pair of half jackets, had to clean them way to often so I evtually dumped them and went to grey

hair products screw up the light colored ones fast...i use some stuff called LA's Awesome you can get at the 99cent only stores. Pull em off and soak em in hot water/awesome mix and they clean up good...usually lol

Looks like hand sanitizer will be the way to go! I take it the alcohol doesn't have any adverse effects on the rubber?

I won't mind giving them a quick wipe down at the end of the day, but if the white marks up that easily, looks like yellow may be the way to go (ala Livestrong look).

Back