• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Framed Sunglasses

i dont think white frames are douche bag glasses. however, when i think of white sunglasses, i typically associate them with teenagers. probably just because most of the teens in my area wear white sunglasses. having said that, there are many white frames i think look great. i just dont think i can pull them off. but then again, most would probably say i have boring taste. i have 3 pairs of oakleys. all black with black iridiums. (one pair of livestrongs though, and waiting on some red earsocks for my flaks).

but just to show you how tastes differ, a couple guys said that aviators are douchy. i really like aviators and are saving up to get a pair of plaintiffs. but as others have said, its really the person behind the glasses. white sunglasses on your average, confident guy are gonna look good. white sunglasses on a dude wearing an affliction shirt 2 sizes too small, riding by walmart with his stereo loud as hell, pumping his fist in the air.....is probably gonna look douchy.

edit: i think white frames with ice lenses look sweet. especially with some black earsocks.

Huh....well considering minus the fist pumping and the too small Affliction shirts (I have mine tailored to a trim fit) you just described me I'm not quite sure how to take that. But then I didn't buy a 400 HP Orange muscle car with a 1000 watt stereo system to drive by quietly.

Not at all. In fact I placed a custom Gascan order last month; Polished White Frame, Fire Iridium lenses and Team Orange icons and yesterday I bought a pair of Polished Chrome Plaintiff's with Chrome Iridium lenses. I see plenty of men and boys around my area wearing white framed Oakley's and lots of aviator types; the mirror lenses are particularly popular as well. Wear your's with pride and confidence. Congratulations on the purchase!

minus the fist pumping and the too small Affliction shirts (I have mine tailored to a trim fit) you just described me I'm not quite sure how to take that.\

when you take away the fist pumping and the undersized affliction shirts, you've taken away two thirds of the equation. lol. we've all cruised around with our radio's a little too loud. i was talking about the collection of all those things together.

The closest thing I have to Aviators are my C-Wires. Not that I have a thing against Aviators, they just look horrible on me. Hell, as an Asian, I find that most Asians can't pull off Aviators.

I barely see anyone wearing white sunglasses here in the DC Metro area. The most I see it occurring is when I go snowboarding or on tv a la Jersey Shore or something. LOL

Back