• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Icons On Blue Digital Camo? Looking For Feedback

RexxCastle

Oakley Expert
I'm thinking of doing some fuel cells in the pattern below . The fuel cells I am using are white with the white icons . I was either thinking of sipping it all , icons and all or leaving the icons white against the camo . My fear is that the white icons will look out of place .
dejysaba.jpg

Last edited:
not my first choice ..IMHO, the lightest part of navy digital camo is a light grey, so maybe you want a different tone of blue as an icon, or perhaps a different shade of grey, or even a grey-green color.
Obviously, if you want real contrast, do the icons in purple, sig pink , or red.
I think the white might get lost.

I think the white would go great in them, especially if the pattern contains white. I guess it depends on how much you want it to stand out.

also depends on the base coat you use for the camo pattern. Another idea is a yellow which might look nice against the blue and grey pattern.

I've worked with graphic design for 16 years and like to think I know a little about color but honestly it all comes down to what you'll like. I personally don't like the idea of those color combos, I think the white will be out of place. I think the white also will take away from the tough look of the Navy camo. I would say gunmetal is safe, or something like getting a shiny blue that somewhat matches the blue in the print would go well. If you can get ahold of the gunmetal us flag icons from the SI version that'd be cool, not the full color flag icons