• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who can help in assuring me that these Romeo 1's are real

PitBoss

I should Work at Oakley
Norway
L&G's
It's my first post here on the forum and I'm glad I finally found a resource site for the best glasses in the world.
Now i want to tell a little story before i ask my question;

Back in 1998 I was on the lookout for a pair of sunglasses. Friend of mine had just bought the Juliet's and i figured i can't buy the same as him.

As i went into the sunglasses shop immediately a pair caught my eye, and it was the Romeo's. Having to spend a rather large chunk of change on them i went back home i thought about it for 3 days. I went back in and pulled the trigger on them. I was one happy fellow and I've taken good care of them for many many years. I had them, and didn't find myself in need of any other sunglasses.
Now about 10 years later, the frames started to come somewhat loose fit. I was looking at the lenses and they had small crows foot cracks just above the nose bridge and i figured i'd go into a store to try to get tehm to repair my Romeos (please observe in 2008 i still did not know the rareness of these glasses)
The clerk in the store looked into it and contacted the Oakley importer in Norway. When she called me back she said that i was free to come pick some new glasses in a different series and it was priced relatively much lower than that of the Romeo's from 10 yrs earlier.
I thought I'd might as well get some new glasses out of it never even pondering the fact that my Romeo's could be so sought after.
So in I walked with the best pair of glasses i'd ever owned, struck the deal and out again i went with a brand new pair of split jackets, thinking wow this was great service....
Boy was i wrong.....
two years ago i started going to the US with my work and as i had the rare opportunity to visit an Oakely Vault (at the Houston Premium outlet) i asked about the Romeos. The guy at the store was so sad to hear what went down and told me that the Romeos was THE glasses that i should have kept no matter the condition of them.
So.... here i am, faced with loosing the first pair of really really good sunglasses in a deal i had no chance of knowing was so bad.
I'm literally loosing sleep at night thinking about this and i really want to see if there is any way i get get a pair to replace them.. To make matters even worse, i was cleaning the closet the other day and by chance the Romeo Coin was sitting right there....mocking me. i am at a complete loss here.. I want a new pair but i don't dare for the life of me to go on ebay and forking over 500-900 USD not having any clue if im being ripped off.

Even though i now own Split Jacket, Tincan, Crosshair, Flak 2.0, and the Badman's i just can't get over these Romeo's.... Like i said- i actually loose sleep over it now.

So are there anyone here that can help me verifying the authenticity of the below link, or even better are there anyone here that (when reading about my unfortunate story) would like to part with their Romeo 1.0 w/ Black Iridium lenses? They don't have to be mint but they do have to be real, authentic,with fairly good lenses.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OAKLEY...ACK-IRIDIUM-POLARIZED-with-box-/331683762145?

They appear legit. I'd replace any screws that look damaged, earstem washers, get a set of lenses cut, then wear the piss out of them.

But I'm cheap, so I don't own a Romeo anymore. That's a lotta cash.

They're legit. If you're looking for a wear-pair of Romeos, they can be had for about 600. You'll need to do your homework and find a good cheap frame, replace everything and get a nice set of custom cut oakley lenses put in. The frames can also be restored or refinished to whatever colors you fancy and you'll still have spare change left in your pocket.

L&G's
It's my first post here on the forum and I'm glad I finally found a resource site for the best glasses in the world.
Now i want to tell a little story before i ask my question;

Back in 1998 I was on the lookout for a pair of sunglasses. Friend of mine had just bought the Juliet's and i figured i can't buy the same as him.

As i went into the sunglasses shop immediately a pair caught my eye, and it was the Romeo's. Having to spend a rather large chunk of change on them i went back home i thought about it for 3 days. I went back in and pulled the trigger on them. I was one happy fellow and I've taken good care of them for many many years. I had them, and didn't find myself in need of any other sunglasses.
Now about 10 years later, the frames started to come somewhat loose fit. I was looking at the lenses and they had small crows foot cracks just above the nose bridge and i figured i'd go into a store to try to get tehm to repair my Romeos (please observe in 2008 i still did not know the rareness of these glasses)
The clerk in the store looked into it and contacted the Oakley importer in Norway. When she called me back she said that i was free to come pick some new glasses in a different series and it was priced relatively much lower than that of the Romeo's from 10 yrs earlier.
I thought I'd might as well get some new glasses out of it never even pondering the fact that my Romeo's could be so sought after.
So in I walked with the best pair of glasses i'd ever owned, struck the deal and out again i went with a brand new pair of split jackets, thinking wow this was great service....
Boy was i wrong.....
two years ago i started going to the US with my work and as i had the rare opportunity to visit an Oakely Vault (at the Houston Premium outlet) i asked about the Romeos. The guy at the store was so sad to hear what went down and told me that the Romeos was THE glasses that i should have kept no matter the condition of them.
So.... here i am, faced with loosing the first pair of really really good sunglasses in a deal i had no chance of knowing was so bad.
I'm literally loosing sleep at night thinking about this and i really want to see if there is any way i get get a pair to replace them.. To make matters even worse, i was cleaning the closet the other day and by chance the Romeo Coin was sitting right there....mocking me. i am at a complete loss here.. I want a new pair but i don't dare for the life of me to go on ebay and forking over 500-900 USD not having any clue if im being ripped off.

Even though i now own Split Jacket, Tincan, Crosshair, Flak 2.0, and the Badman's i just can't get over these Romeo's.... Like i said- i actually loose sleep over it now.

So are there anyone here that can help me verifying the authenticity of the below link, or even better are there anyone here that (when reading about my unfortunate story) would like to part with their Romeo 1.0 w/ Black Iridium lenses? They don't have to be mint but they do have to be real, authentic,with fairly good lenses.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OAKLEY...ACK-IRIDIUM-POLARIZED-with-box-/331683762145?
Those glasses are legit in the eBay auction. Your post made me sad... Sorry they ripped you off man :( But I know this happened a lot with that frame. Lots of people unknowingly traded in an iconic frame for something else. Welcome to the forum!

Are there a lot of fake Romeos? I thought counterfeiters stuck mainly with Julies and XSquared.

Wow....

Welcome to the forum first....
Second....I agree with joe....your post is making me sad... :(

Third..... you have the ability to fix this problem but it will cost you.'

I didn't even look at the eBay link but know our other members already gave you the good news on it.

Definitely real.

Sorry for your loss. This is truly one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.

Welcome to the forum.

Stick around here a while and you can gain access to the X-Metal exchange. You can find a decent wear pair there for a bit less than eBay. R1 is an epic pair, and I'd say a fan favorite. Never had one til I found this place, but I'm up to 3, with, hopefully more to come.

A lot, not sure, but yes there are fakes. In fact I have one sitting on my shelf as a reference.

@jdd32 would u mind posting pics of the fake for reference purposes.

Definitely real.

Sorry for your loss. This is truly one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.

Welcome to the forum.

Stick around here a while and you can gain access to the X-Metal exchange. You can find a decent wear pair there for a bit less than eBay. R1 is an epic pair, and I'd say a fan favorite. Never had one til I found this place, but I'm up to 3, with, hopefully more to come.

@jdd32 would u mind posting pics of the fake for reference purposes.

Here you go: http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/fake-r1.45448/

I'm too lazy to snap more pics but can do so for those who want more details

Back