• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Can Tell Me About Topcoats?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
The passion for vintage is still alive, and these have caught my interest. How big do they fit? What O Matter generation are they (prone to breaking)?

I've never seen these in person, but they're slightly outrageous and it makes me want some.

There were five in the set, all presented in the old style black boxes dated 1997, produced in the earlier O Matter that some say is prone to stress damage, but if looked after should not pose a problem. The White Chrome pair had issues with the coating peeling off, I even had to replace my own pair with an unused mint one that I never wear. They would be appropriate for larger faces, and are indeed outrageous as you say, and probably more than just "slightly". The list with codes for the main four are on O Review so I will just add the super rare Metallic Blue - Black 03-144. They are a very esoteric and unique style, and as a result obtained all five for my own personal collection.

Can you compare them to a 'new' frogskin? Looks like the coverage might be lack on the lower outside edge

I do need some new frog lenses as well, and a few more of the new frog frames

I have an old Black/Black Iridium pair of these that could use some new earsocks. Anyone on here have a replacement set or know where I can get one?

There were five in the set, all presented in the old style black boxes dated 1997, produced in the earlier O Matter that some say is prone to stress damage, but if looked after should not pose a problem. The White Chrome pair had issues with the coating peeling off, I even had to replace my own pair with an unused mint one that I never wear. They would be appropriate for larger faces, and are indeed outrageous as you say, and probably more than just "slightly". The list with codes for the main four are on O Review so I will just add the super rare Metallic Blue - Black 03-144. They are a very esoteric and unique style, and as a result obtained all five for my own personal collection.

I love when Romeo answers a question like this, because in my head it sounds like an Old British guy reading out of an encyclopedia.

Back