• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who caries a firearm?

MoparFin

I should Work at Oakley
Womelsdorf, Pa
Wife said she’ll buy me a handgun for Father’s Day. Last time I carried it was a service Beretta 9mm on a duty belt. Looking for tips, recommendations, or any other info on a firearm I can carry comfortably concealed, is around $250-$300, decent starter. Will be carrying in my truck, camping, at the house. Something small, but not tiny.

Wife said she’ll buy me a handgun for Father’s Day. Last time I carried it was a service Beretta 9mm on a duty belt. Looking for tips, recommendations, or any other info on a firearm I can carry comfortably concealed, is around $250-$300, decent starter. Will be carrying in my truck, camping, at the house. Something small, but not tiny.

Do you know the caliber you want to carry? In most cases that has a lot to do with the size. Subcompacts usually are chambered in .380 and are quite small.

Honestly, no. Kinda figured 9mm, open to others though. I’d say something readily available that will be reasonably priced ammo so I can go to the range a lot, but stop a threat if needed.

I carry a sig P365
10 round 9mm and the same size as my Ruger LCP .380 with twice the capacity and a lot more stopping power.
Ill carry a Keltec in my pocket if I have to be sneaky or tuck my shirt in. But thats usually if someone is getting married or buried.

Always been a Glock fan

Do some research in the Glock G42 - very concealable and the ammo is cheap (.380)...

The only bad thing is that it only holds 6 rounds - great for self defense, but if you ever get into a situation where you need more rounds, you'll be effed...

If 6 rounds is ok for you, get it - but if you want more rounds that will do more damage, get the G27 Glock (double stack .40 that holds 10 rounds)...

You can always get an extension that will hold 2 more rounds also...

Here's my G27 with extension (12 .40 rounds)

05C9407D-1C86-456F-A371-860DF8660566.jpeg

Back