• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Else Is Pissed?

OakleyGuru379

Professional Lens Scratcher
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Illinois
So I was looking at Oakley.com tonight, and I noticed that the new Jupiter Carbon is going to cost 50 dollars more than the JFL. Are you f**king kidding me? I thought this was supposed to be a poor man's JFL, made to be affordable because they used plastic, which is cheaper than aluminum! And they are still selling JFL's right next to them! So they are selling an inferior product next to a superior one, and charging more for the inferior one. This says to me that Oakley thinks we're stupid. Well i'm not stupid. I'm not going to buy their inferior Pit Boss 2, which is a crappy version of a great frame, sold for the same price, and i'm not going to buy their inferior Jupiter Carbon, and neither should you! Phew, i feel better now. P.S. and who the hell do they think they are, getting rid of X Metals?! Or are they going to make an aluminum Mars and sell it for $1000?

I don't see how the pb2 is inferior. To me they are basically the same frame with different icons. At least the pb2 has unobtainium

I don't see how the pb2 is inferior. To me they are basically the same frame with different icons. At least the pb2 has unobtainium
Not even close. Trust me, after tearing apart 2 of them recently, there are vast differences outside of the icons. O Matter frame is waaaay lighter, Unobtanium earsox and nosepads, LESS Titanium in them than PB1, completely different mount points, and UGLY ASS icon

I would be pissed to if I like the Jupiter Factory Lite or the new Pit Boss 2. Glad I haven't taken a liking to them. And not just from 1 person, have I heard the Pit Boss are no where near the $600 price tag.

Not even close. Trust me, after tearing apart 2 of them recently, there are vast differences outside of the icons. O Matter frame is waaaay lighter, Unobtanium earsox and nosepads, LESS Titanium in them than PB1, completely different mount points, and UGLY ASS icon

I believe you but when I had them on my face I felt no difference. I'm waiting till my bday to treat myself to a pb2, because I find the pb uncomfortable to wear. I'm hoping the unobtainium makes a difference

They don't create the headache after like an hour of wear like the original...Much more comfortable, but still uglier and NOT ELITE!!

Back