• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Else Is Pissed?

the company will jack the prices until people stop buying

Ray Ban is a good case in point. Luckily for us, Oakley has always been a high priced brand, so the prices aren't going to increase 1000% like Lux did with Ray Ban. We just get a modest price hike.

Lux has enough market research across the planet with all the glasses they make and sell under different brands that they know exactly what the market will bear in terms of Oakley pricing. They will slowly increase it to the point that they see as the apex of the curve.

Lux bought Oakley for their creative genius, massive innovation and quality production.
Based on the newest offerings, they might have squandered their purchased innovative lead to implement production techniques throughout their massive product line.
I'm also pissed that Corporations in general, and Lux in particular, can't seem to throttle the growing counterfeit industry.

course on this very topic i find myself taking a liking to the Jupiter Factory Light....but at that price? hmmmm.......might just save over $100 and buy a Jupiter Squared instead especially given lookswise the JFL in Ice is a dead ringer especially from the front for the Ice Jury i just bought for $60

Hey, you can't go wrong with a JFL. I own two JFLs and a bunch of Jupiter Squared. I love my JS, but the JFL just feels like something special. It does cost more than the JS, but for the price you get a lot. Jupiter Carbon on the other hand isn't such a value. JFL was the only standout 2012 release IMO. ...now if we could only get some authentic replacement lenses in Fire/Ruby/+Red/Violet/etc for these beasts....

just visited an O Store and they had a pair of JFL out- im going to have to agree that in terms of feel, presence and materials they are among the best Oakleys ive ever seen. a
s usual with Oakley these days, no way theyre $280 great being 25 to 33 pct overpriced for what they are but they ARE polarized and for $200ish thats not being raped IMO. ONLY thing im not clear on is why the gap at the hinge. i know there is something design wise as to why its like that but....its pretty glaring. also, they do fit smaller than the JS but not uncomfortably so however i dont like the bottom of the orbital on the JFL and its enough to keep me from buying them at that price...the squaring on JS with its slight wrap and innovative earstem and unobtanium is the first model ive had to concede id be caught dead in from the craze that is the flat Holbrook esqe designs i think all resemble thrift store sunglasses. seriously considerinf a JS Chrome Iridium and perhaps Matte Clear Fire though Fire is pretty brigbt for my eyes wrap

I just got back from trying on the JFC and it is much lighter than the JFL. I was also wrong about the hinges, they are the same
they also feel bigger that the JFL.

Back