• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Who else loves collecting Jawbones or New Racing Jackets?

Here are the extra lenses I received with my Sochi Racing Jacket.
HI yellow iridium
Jade iridium
G30
+Red polarized
Clear
as well as the Ice iridium polarized fitted.

20200320_174818.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone knows what specific color of this frame? It’s very close to Fog Grey minus the paint strips. This is an OCP Jawbone so no SKU. Even O-review has no info. Got this in Marketplace and yes it is legit. Thanks in advance.

F123295A-4F71-488C-ABA7-0F24342BB579.jpeg

Anyone knows what specific color of this frame? It’s very close to Fog Grey minus the paint strips. This is an OCP Jawbone so no SKU. Even O-review has no info. Got this in Marketplace and yes it is legit. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 716016
Have you remove one of the socks to check if they're painted or if this is color is achieved via dye added in the molding process?

What I'm getting at is, visible under the sock there will be a ~30mm section that shows the raw finish/color of the frame -this areas is uncoated due to been in a clamp/jig for color or clear coat application. For instance Matte colored frames will have semi-polished look in this area, where as Team Metallic OCP colors are typically applied on top of white or black frames.

If there's no section like that, they may have been painted by someone independently. As they appear to just be a polished white frame, but achieve via paint instead of coloring in the modeling process.

Have you remove one of the socks to check if they're painted or if this is color is achieved via dye added in the molding process?

What I'm getting at is, visible under the sock there will be a ~30mm section that shows the raw finish/color of the frame -this areas is uncoated due to been in a clamp/jig for color or clear coat application. For instance Matte colored frames will have semi-polished look in this area, where as Team Metallic OCP colors are typically applied on top of white or black frames.

If there's no section like that, they may have been painted by someone independently. As they appear to just be a polished white frame, but achieve via paint instead of coloring in the modeling process.

There's a white section inside the earsocks. I message the previous owner, he said he got it at O-Store when he used to worked there.

Nope, outer color is Polished Fog like SKU OO9171-23 w/o the stripes.

Raw color is white (clamp marks) before the final color in grey.
Fog Grey should be darker look darker than what is showing in your photo?
Since Silver colorway are painted color rather than a color embedded into the frame itself, I've seen slight variations in tone - although never anything as shiny as yours, so not sure if that's the correct color either.

IMG_9963.JPG

Last edited:
Fog Grey should be darker look darker than what is showing in your photo?
Since Silver colorway are painted color rather than a color embedded into the frame itself, I've seen slight variations in tone - although never anything as shiny as yours, so not sure if that's the correct color either.

View attachment 716087

I guess my lighting is to bright. Hope you can tell from these. I do have the Carbon and Silver frame as well. It is more like the Fog right?

BF20F970-EC1C-4E13-83EF-9F97C6B4F277.jpeg

0106E027-4D7F-4D5A-86C5-1CF43AFAA57A.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back