• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Who else loves collecting Jawbones or New Racing Jackets?

Got a NIB set of Team Navy Jawbones today. Hasn’t seen the light in a long time..... until now ☺️

99123E8E-B7AF-4EFA-BC6D-CF9A562CFF8E.jpeg

74400292-BCF8-49B1-8A94-1FDB0A452016.jpeg

I used to collect jawbones and Rjs. I think I was around 50 odd pairs or so..I'm down to about 25 or so now. Some rare OEM but most custom pairs as you all know me. Lol. I just let go ofy ocp dark team green. It hurt but its gone to a great place.. probably was my favorite one for along while. Best ocp colour anyway.

I traded them both for an R2
20200602_121405.jpg
20200602_121357.jpg
20200602_121359.jpg
20200602_121401.jpg
20200602_121407.jpg

I used to collect jawbones and Rjs. I think I was around 50 odd pairs or so..I'm down to about 25 or so now. Some rare OEM but most custom pairs as you all know me. Lol. I just let go ofy ocp dark team green. It hurt but its gone to a great place.. probably was my favorite one for along while. Best ocp colour anyway.

I traded them both for an R2View attachment 746649View attachment 746650View attachment 746651View attachment 746652View attachment 746653
I want those green jaws 🤕
Best color imo too followed by navy metallic 😅

I used to have Jawbones for my daily wear. I remember the utter surprise because I thought my cheek bones wouldn't make it work, but the way the jaws flare out clears perfectly, and the AF pads just gave me a perfect all rounder. So much sleeker looking of a pair than photos may suggest. All the cuts and lines, protrusions are just a real aesthetic indulgence for me. I've really liked that aggressive nosebridge "beak" that came with some pairs around this time.

But after ~5 years, I got tired of replacing earsocks. For my beater pair I just kept trimming the same set but that got too loose at some point. Everything I've gotten was well below retail, but I knew this was going to ruin that investment. Discontinuation would do further damage if I wanted OEM. This and the Radarlock just have designs that wear too fast.

And then @Tejada gave me the chance to indulge in some quarantine OCP. Jawbone generation as evidenced by the icon slot, and somehow I've never wound up with a Racing Jacket. I kinda want to keep the icons bare, or probably gonna do black.

Really is a staple pair, and no one has really been able to replicate it. Sunglasses, especially full frames, just never looked like this. The indulgence of mixing and matching parts is really something any Oakley enthusiast should try.

G2cRVBw.jpg

Back