• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

chad S.

Oakley Expert
TN
If you’ve never gone through the process of buying Oakley’s before, a bit of guidance might be worth your time! We’ll go through some of the specifications and critiques of the Oakley Gauge 8’s so when you head to the store, you can buy with confidence.

Oakley Gauge 8 Sunglasses Review
We reviewed a pair of Gauge 8 M sunglasses in Matte Lead with Prizm Sapphire lenses. Overall we were impressed with how comfortable these sunglasses are especially with a metal frame. Keep reading for our full review of the frame, lenses, and size!
Oakley-Gauge-8-Sunglasses-1024x614.jpg
Photo: Oakley
Frame and Design
The Oakley Gauge 8 frame features a full-rimmed frame with a squared aviator design. The frame itself is made of C-5 alloy, which is similar to most other metal frame Oakleys these days. Overall...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oakley-Gauge-8-Sunglasses-1024x614.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 45
    15.7 KB · Views: 43
    15.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of Large but am curious (and not to steal from the OP) how do I determine which are L and which are M? Doesn't seem to be a difference in the markings on the pair itself but I'm sure it's in the sku but I don't know the sku's from one another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a comparison when I was looking into the gauge 8's...

Black prizm = L
Saphire prizm = M
7860ab06915653e27a93c2e780a48d8a.jpg
a12ef53adfddf8b3131b866126126066.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here's a comparison when I was looking into the gauge 8's...

Black prizm = L
Saphire prizm = M
7860ab06915653e27a93c2e780a48d8a.jpg
a12ef53adfddf8b3131b866126126066.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The L kinda reminds me of a Plaintiff Squared in the photo.

Sent from Q's S8+

Hi All,

Having a big head I'm looking to add to my collection of Oakleys (Deviation, Plantiff) by buying a pair of Oakley Gauge 8s (sapphire) 62mm width. The only pair I've looked at; the lense is see though - is it possible to buy them as mirror lenses as opposed to see through lenses?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi All,

Having a big head I'm looking to add to my collection of Oakleys (Deviation, Plantiff) by buying a pair of Oakley Gauge 8s (sapphire) 62mm width. The only pair I've looked at; the lense is see though - is it possible to buy them as mirror lenses as opposed to see through lenses?

Many thanks

Mike

Sapphire should be iridium coated and reflective

Hi All,
...sapphire... is it possible to buy them as mirror lenses as opposed to see through lenses?

Many thanks

Mike
Oakley doesn't make "mirrored" lenses.
Sapphire is available (20% VLT) and Prizm Sapphire (12% VLT), and both are iridium coated, which offers the reflective effect you want.
Other Oakley tints give more "mirrored" effects than sapphire.
Try Fire, or Chrome!
Welcome.
:crazypilot:

Looking for 57mm replacement prizm lenses can’t seem to locate or find them anywhere any help would be appreciated

Back