• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who inherits your collection?

The E Wire 2.0, Dark/Black comes with me!
It's bright where I'm going...
:angel:

I will have my lawyer disperse the remainder, first come, first served.
I. Ron Butterfly Q.C.
c/o
Dewey, Dickem and Howe Barristers
Box under the bar.
Dildo, NFLD.

The E Wire 2.0, Dark/Black comes with me!
It's bright where I'm going...
:angel:

I will have my lawyer disperse the remainder, first come, first served.
I. Ron Butterfly Q.C.
c/o
Dewey, Dickem and Howe Barristers
Box under the bar.
Dildo, NFLD.
I thought you were under contract with I. P Freely

I've maintained a book with each and every purchase I've made (the date it was bought, the cost, what all was included, the postage and the customs duties paid). On the very first page is a message to my wife and children to use this as a reference, should they decide to sell the pairs. My family members have been made aware of where to find the book in my unfortunate departure from this planet.

At the end of the day, what they choose to do with it will be their business. I will have died knowing that I had fun spending countless hours scouring the net for the next pick up, waiting on the edge of my chair for auctions to count down to see if I had the winning bid, making friends I would not normally have met through the course of it all and putting together the collection I am proud of.

You never know, someone might just join the forum with a thread titled "Just bought a complete Oakley collection for $100" ... What can you do? You're no longer there to stop it.

If I live to a ripe old age and I see that none of my kids / grandkids are interested in inheriting the mass of vintage sunglasses that have no bearing on the virtual shades that they will possibly be wearing at that time, I'll donate it all to a museum, because there probably won't be that many collectors around to sell them to and I will help educate the children of the future on what we looked like with these rigid plastic frames that sat on our faces to shield ourselves from the sun and random flying projectiles.

We don't have kids so of course this is something I've thought of. I don't have a list now but I've thought of making one. It would make things a lot easier for whomever has to deal with it. I feel like my wife would keep everything out of sentiment but anyone else is gonna sell everything. I honestly don't reckon I care much, I'm gonna be gone so.....

I've maintained a book with each and every purchase I've made (the date it was bought, the cost, what all was included, the postage and the customs duties paid). On the very first page is a message to my wife and children to use this as a reference, should they decide to sell the pairs. My family members have been made aware of where to find the book in my unfortunate departure from this planet.

At the end of the day, what they choose to do with it will be their business. I will have died knowing that I had fun spending countless hours scouring the net for the next pick up, waiting on the edge of my chair for auctions to count down to see if I had the winning bid, making friends I would not normally have met through the course of it all and putting together the collection I am proud of.

You never know, someone might just join the forum with a thread titled "Just bought a complete Oakley collection for $100" ... What can you do? You're no longer there to stop it.

If I live to a ripe old age and I see that none of my kids / grandkids are interested in inheriting the mass of vintage sunglasses that have no bearing on the virtual shades that they will possibly be wearing at that time, I'll donate it all to a museum, because there probably won't be that many collectors around to sell them to and I will help educate the children of the future on what we looked like with these rigid plastic frames that sat on our faces to shield ourselves from the sun and random flying projectiles.

Same here. I keep an excel book with all the details of every purchase. My wife and kids can do what they want with it all when I’m dead.

Nice write up Medusa.

Tough one to pin down. Hopefully it’s not a garage sale where you stuff gets sold pennies on the dollar. Or your estranged wife goes to Vegas and sells your collection for a few hundos to enjoy a weekend of fun.

I sincerely hope that they( family friends) enjoy the passion, spirit and determination we had for our binding interests that keep us occupied scouring hours on end for the next deal.

Back