• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who is best source for buying replacement lens?

You know, i really appreciate what you had to say there. One of the challenges I have in pulling the trigger and buying "nice" sunglasses is it's hard for me to get past feeling like for the most part, plastic sunglasses are plastic sunglasses.

Then again...I've also been hoping my research--including time in this forum--can help me get a better idea whether that's right or wrong.

I'll start by saying I love both x-metal and o-matter. Plastic sunglasses are not just plastic sunglasses. Most of the cost of Oakleys is in the lens quality but that said there is nothing like the styling of the Eye Jacket 1 or 2, Pit Boss, Twenty, etc. I've also never paid $200 for an o-matter pair unless it was an exclusive but love them for their variety, customizability and lightness.

I pay X-Metal money for O-Matter.

Fantastic Plastic!

Me too 😁....

20190421_085855.jpg

Don't want to hijack this thread, but have a question for Chris Hardaway. Can you make a prizm lens for X Squared frames? If so, what colors are available? I've always liked the Fire Iridium mirrored color on the outside, but they don't compare to the Prizm lenses I have on some of my other Oakleys.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but have a question for Chris Hardaway. Can you make a prizm lens for X Squared frames? If so, what colors are available? I've always liked the Fire Iridium mirrored color on the outside, but they don't compare to the Prizm lenses I have on some of my other Oakleys.

Ya he can make almost any lens tint especially prizm since they're readily available.

Erm, back to topic please.......

2B7EC2EE-36B1-40EE-85E9-CE15D82BBD7E.jpeg

Back