• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Is Oakley´s Biggest Rival ?

In the sports segment (Oakleys Radar, Jawbreaker, Racing jacket etc,) Bliz, Rudy and Adidas compete here. (at least in winter sports)

Costa definitely! I own numerous pairs of Oakley & Costa. Styling and design is world's apart but for the casual sunglass wearer the sports aspect of Oakley is nullified and Costa competes strongly. The South is dominated by Costa!

In my area there is easily a bigger Costa market presence than Oakley. Just about every store that's even remotely sporting good related sells Costa here, while I only know of 2 that sell Oakley that aren't in the mall or in an optical shop. I've been tempted to try them, but I'm a strong believer in buying local when possible to encourage the vendors to stock more stuff I'd actually buy. So far it's worked for my go to place for Rx stuff. When I first went there almost 2 years ago they had 4-5 Oakley Rx frames, and maybe a dozen pair of mostly boring black on black or camo Oakley sunglasses. Now they've got a full double wide with all kinds of Oakley stuff in it, and another Rx specific case/display that's about the size of a double wide and holds probably 40+ Rx frames. They've also been able to source replacement screws for my Hatchets, and they've offered before to do whatever they can to order parts for my other frames as needed. I need more places like that here.

I would think Rudy project was O´s main rival, i believe rudy lenses are better then oakley, but rudy screws up by having poor frame design and too few frame options, both design and color option wise

Last edited:
Back