• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Should Replace Shawn White as Oak-Lux's Main "Thing That Is On Everything"?

As a sidenote, does anyone else chuckle (or shudder) whenever someone mentions Olympic Snowboarding or Olympic Beach Volleyball?

Ya know, like the Olympians competed in.

:rolleyes:

Carbon fiber bobsleds didn't exist in ancient Greece?

I've checked the records, and apparently not.
Nor was the "awesome Koopman board, dude".

However, Wikipedia does allege that the first Olympiad was commentated upon by Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

For it is written:

- "Mah Gahd, King, that young thoroughbred from Troy had whupped the ass of the Spartan Rattlesnake. And as Gahd is mah witness, that is yet another Olympic record. Those record books (we started today) have been broken in haaaalf. "

- "Woohoo JR! Puppies, etc".

I've checked the records, and apparently not.
Nor was the "awesome Koopman board, dude".

However, Wikipedia does allege that the first Olympiad was commentated upon by Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

For it is written:

- "Mah Gahd, King, that young thoroughbred from Troy had whupped the ass of the Spartan Rattlesnake. And as Gahd is mah witness, that is yet another Olympic record. Those record books (we started today) have been broken in haaaalf. "

- "Woohoo JR! Puppies, etc".
JR! Look! puppies! woohoo! ( i remember when King started that whole puppies cheer of his) back when it wasn't pg.

Danny Kass is pretty cool. He's got a personality, his own show on fuel tv, and a few special editions already. They could elevate him to sw status.
The Schleck (sp?) bros are cool too.

i would never buy anything danny kass has to do with, there is a lot of great reading on how he screwed his brother out of the ownership of grenade.

I wasnt really dissing the guy...just think Oakley has to maybe add a little variety to signature models in both style and who the signature is from...JR...King This is one popculture reference I do know but I knew them from NWA...way back when the show ended weekly in chaos JR:" ...and Ric Flair has just killed Dusty and...we gotta go... we're out of time...."

I both skateboard and snowboard so I knew about Shawn White back in 1997... I mean the kid is amazing on any type of board.
Ask any kid around my parts who he is and they know. I think the UK would not know him as well due to the lack of mountains and snow...

I personally would like to see Travis Pastrana working for Oakley! He is involved in so many sports... Rally, Nascar, Motocross, Skydiving etc etc...
He also has a pretty clean image... Aside from a nasty car accident that left a passenger paralyzed. He doesn't drink or do drugs and is completely commited to advancing whatever sport he is doing at the moment. (also could be said about SW)

David Beckham would be a distant second...

Some vid from SW early years... Man he is good!

[video=youtube;Oc1fjMkUdw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc1fjMkUdw8[/video]

[video=youtube;vZhiRox0bOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZhiRox0bOw[/video]

@Batwolf, you are right that Shaun white is more well known among teens (me being one) but I'm a huge Danny Kass fan and friends with a guy that's actually on his show on fuel tv and is a good friend of his. I know many of Oakley's sponsored athletes personally from my city or close to where I live that should be the poster boys or at least get more recognition from Oakley but that won't happen unfortunately :(

One last thing, I think a lot of you need to think about how you talk about professional athletes - considering they ARE professionals! I've seen a lot of talk from most of you calling Shaun White a "douche" and what bothers me the most about it is that none of you know him on a personal basis to call him a douche..haha. Ryan Sheckler lives literally down the street from me and my dad and his dad have known each other through business for a while so for me to see people talk so much **** on him really ticks me off since no one knows him personally. Granted, he did have that terrible MTV show that all of you here have seen, but that was about 4 or 5 years ago.

Just saying that while it seems like you can't stand hearing a certain athletes name without puking, just remember that 1) They are real, normal people and they do read this stuff and seeing it everyday could really get annoying I could imagine.. especially that it comes from spectators. And, 2) They are professionals at what they do so please tell me again why they suck..

Just my thoughts on this..

When an athlete has as much media exposure and whores himself out as much as Shaun White has we get to call him a douche.

I don't know if it's the small cameos he's had in a couple movies, or the way he acts like a burnout in interviews, or the way he's been setting fashion trends for snow/skate culture, but I don't like him.

For a while you couldn't turn around without seeing him in a new commercial or endorsing some new product or being in the news about giant private snow parks and whatnot.

When an athlete has as much media exposure and whores himself out as much as Shaun White has we get to call him a douche.

I don't know if it's the small cameos he's had in a couple movies, or the way he acts like a burnout in interviews, or the way he's been setting fashion trends for snow/skate culture, but I don't like him.

For a while you couldn't turn around without seeing him in a new commercial or endorsing some new product or being in the news about giant private snow parks and whatnot.

Eh... Whatever.

He worked hard to get where he is. He earned the right to whore himself out...

Back