• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whoever used a 60% off code read this

I hate on line. We are all probably well enough known in our local stores that the employees cut you slack anyway. I've about had it with Oakley corporate attitude anyway. Always buy local from now on.

My next gripe. Last time I had bounce back points cards you could combine them. Now you can't. I saved up $180 worth of cards but can only buy little **** at basically half off. Not a motivator anymore.

I got the ff code and knew there was nothing new I wanted so I gave it to a random dude in the store and he used it. Play it forward when you can.

I did use some other discount I had for $150 a $300 purchase without problems. I bought another radarlock and some lenses.

Can't complain but don't like this whole corporate attitude coming from 1 Oakley. Kind of turning me off. Hope the 49 some odd pairs I have can lady me the rest of my life.

The bottom line
All the crap that someone bought at 60% off was still below Oakleys cost (China)
They didnt loose money.
To punish innocent customers is just a bad Customer Experience.

Will some quit buying their products?
Dont be so naive to think that will not happen.

As someone posted here, who need's 50 plus pairs of sunglasses , beside Frank
I for one would and can walk away.

But thats just my 2 cents
There are plenty of other things to collect beside Oakley
Now off to look at Ray Bans
At least the SGH coupons will be useful :rofl:

I understand a bit of backlash, but to those that knowingly used bootleg/stolen/generated codes; what did you expect? There was talk from day one about the legitimacy of the codes and how quickly Oakley would shut it down.

You get caught with your hands in the cookie jar and your reaction is to blame Oakley?

Now don't get me wrong, I thought about using one and by the time I came around it was after they were shut off. The majority of the fault lies with the distributors of the codes. But if you bought an iPod that "fell off a truck" for well below retail it's a very similar situation - there's no direct knowledge of wrongdoing, but it's still stolen property. The main difference here is that you then brought the stolen item to Oakley, who we all know could easily track such activity, and used it to buy product at a steep discount.

The profit margins of the company notwithstanding - you used a discount code you weren't supposed to get, now you're getting pissed you got denied the use of another discount code?

I understand a bit of backlash, but to those that knowingly used bootleg/stolen/generated codes; what did you expect? There was talk from day one about the legitimacy of the codes and how quickly Oakley would shut it down.

You get caught with your hands in the cookie jar and your reaction is to blame Oakley?

Eloquently put.

Now don't get me wrong, I thought about using one and by the time I came around it was after they were shut off. The majority of the fault lies with the distributors of the codes. But if you bought an iPod that "fell off a truck" for well below retail it's a very similar situation - there's no direct knowledge of wrongdoing, but it's still stolen property. The main difference here is that you then brought the stolen item to Oakley, who we all know could easily track such activity, and used it to buy product at a steep discount.

The profit margins of the company notwithstanding - you used a discount code you weren't supposed to get, now you're getting pissed you got denied the use of another discount code?

No, everyone is disappointed that they are barred from using any promotions ever again...that is the problem. I (speaking for myself) did not expect to get bounceback for a 60% off purchase, but i never expected to get banned from F&F or nay other promos.

An example would be if a thief sells a stolen gun to an individual or a pawn shop...who is charged for the theft? The thief or the recipient?

That is hypothetical, but if the recipient was unaware then he would not even get a theft by receiving charge...there wouldnt be much backlash.

For the record...I did not know the codes were stolen or non transferable, i PMed the forum member selling them and asked questions before i bought one from him and based on his answer went thru with a purchase.

you used a discount code you weren't supposed to get, now you're getting pissed you got denied the use of another discount code?

I kinda get this argument but people give, trade and sell codes on this site all the time. How is purchasing the 60% code any different? How is someone supposed to know for sure what's legit and what's not? The code was definitely legit, as it worked. The coupon didn't come with restrictions or limitations, so how is the consumer supposed to know for sure? Since this isn't quite as clear cut as you indicate in your post, maybe Oakley is premature in being this punitive...

No, everyone is disappointed that they are barred from using any promotions ever again...that is the problem. I (speaking for myself) did not expect to get bounceback for a 60% off purchase, but i never expected to get banned from F&F or nay other promos.
We don't know that for sure. There have been conflicting reports from calls to customer service. This could all go away tomorrow.

I kinda get this argument but people give, trade and sell codes on this site all the time. How is purchasing the 60% code any different? How is someone supposed to know for sure what's legit and what's not? The code was definitely legit, as it worked. The coupon didn't come with restrictions or limitations, so how is the consumer supposed to know for sure? Since this isn't quite as clear cut as you indicate in your post, maybe Oakley is premature in being this punitive...
No, I understand completely. Like I said before you had no direct knowledge of any kind of wrongdoing. But you and I both know there's a BIG difference between people selling and trading codes for 10%, 30%, $150, etc that they were directly given by Oakley, and everyone going to eBay or some other source with a seemingly endless supply of codes and paying cash for a discount that is pretty uncommon outside of employee or direct pricing.

It still boils down to showing up on Oakley's doorstep to get into a party with false credentials and getting pissed when they don't let you in next time. Some members have been denied normal orders, some are still using bounceback and F&F without issues. So it doesn't seem to be uniform. And I doubt most of the members or other random people that have used the code have called Oakley to let them know what's up. If everyone calls and asks what's up, gets told they're banned, and explains they got a code that worked with no knowledge it was stolen/faked/whatever maybe Oakley will reverse its decision.

[speaking generally towards the mood of the thread] But by all means, jump ship and sell your stuff. Take your ball and go home. No one is keeping you here or forcing you to buy stuff. Or buy grey market/secondhand.

Back