• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who's pre ordered the Pit Boss 2?

wassaaaaaaaaaap

Oakley Expert
Honolulu
I am still deciding on whether to get a pair of these. I was just wondering how many of you have pre ordered these (if that's possible). How many of you are planning to get a pair? Just curious to see how many people have already made up their minds and why.

Both Pit Bosses are overpriced for what they are. You would be better off buying them when they can be had under retail price. I don't think you're going to have trouble tracking down a pair or anything.

I've always laughed when collectors say Certain Oakley's are overpriced when all other people think Oakley company is overpriced anyways

When the Pit Boss was first available some people commented they were overpriced due to the O Matter frame and the packaging was needlessly excessive, and some X Metals 'looked' more expensive by comparison. Initially limited to between 1000 and 1500 pairs, they sold out resulting in further production that also sold out. There was opinion that they had a prominent shape with considerable Titanium with a highly prolific Elite icon. After the initial three we had the Tron and Ducati limited editions, both generally well received, and the 100 pair only Indy 500 release. Personally I think the icon is the best ever on a sunglass, they were all extremely well presented in lavish boxes and it seemed a choice of having any one pair as an example of the model, or to aim for the three limited pieces, or go for the set, the latter being the option I selected. Pit Boss II images appear and the three of these mirror the same original colours (except matte becomes Polished Rootbeer), with a normal ellipse icon, and with a $600 price. I have no intention to get any of these, too similar but without the more elaborate features of the original....but even if they had the same icon and packaging, nothing significantly different. I had imagined prior to the release maybe an Elite icon in quarters, opened up to form a central cross, filled with a real piece of Carbon Fibre, something similar in appearance to an Oil Rig II. I will need one pair to have an example, but will hold out to cherry pick what is best. I imagine these will be common enough in number to wait for a good deal, but I expect they will remain the subject of comparison to the more prestigious original. Maybe if the new model had different colours, or a new unique icon, or new lenses like Copper Iridium, Pewter Iridium, or Brass Iridium Polarized, it would spark significant interest enough to see a high demand from the outset.

The only reason I am even considering buying one is because I have the opportunity to get one for $450. I wouldn't pay $600 for it but for that amount I might. Just seeing how others feel about it as part of my decision making process.

Latest Posts

Back