• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why 8.0 lens variance?

Audiophyle

Oakley Beginner
Kinda surprised I can’t find any info on this, but can anyone tell me what differences there are between the Why 8.0, 8.1, & 8.2 sunglasses?
The frame elements look the same, so is the difference just the lens profiles? (are they all interchangeable, or close enough to be easily modified to fit?)

I received some old RX 8.0’s with polished frames that I have bead blasted to a near x-metal finish & am wanting to install the more rectangular 8.2 lenses, but hoped to confirm fitment before ordering lenses.

Kinda surprised I can’t find any info on this, but can anyone tell me what differences there are between the Why 8.0, 8.1, & 8.2 sunglasses?
The frame elements look the same, so is the difference just the lens profiles? (are they all interchangeable, or close enough to be easily modified to fit?)

I received some old RX 8.0’s with polished frames that I have bead blasted to a near x-metal finish & am wanting to install the more rectangular 8.2 lenses, but hoped to confirm fitment before ordering lenses.

Seek, and ye shall find......

8.1 is more oval/rounder than 8.0
The angle towards the noseis also slightly different.
Not sure about 8.2

Back