• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are lenses inside not anti-reflection coated anymore?

Just called Oakley, spoke to the warranty department. Confirmed that all Oakley lenses, prescription or otherwise, have an AR coating. And if you dont believe me, look up Oakley Stealth ™. That is what oakley calls their AR coating.

Ok, if thats really true their AR coating is the one with the very worst effect I've ever (not) seen.
Look, some of us try really hard to discuss in a factual manner. My product photo showed a bad mirror effect, and jdd32 provided self made photos showing Oakley sunglasses with and w/o (or very bad) AR coating.

A gift for you from an Oakley fanboy.

uploadfromtaptalk1432224737057.jpg

Sorry I'm totally wrong! Of couse they faked amazon product fotos just to blame Oakley! Oh I'm wrong again, I faked them by myself :dance2:

To be honest, there's something that doesn't add up. I've bought prescription Oakleys previously and none of them had the haze backside AR coating - they all had standard clear coating of some sort that reflected images clearly. I got the VR28 BIP scripted and paid the extra $40 for backside AR and it's very different - you definitely don't see reflections as easily. Now if Oakley is saying they have stealth AR coating as standard, then what the hell did I pay with my $40 with clear difference?

BTW I bought the lenses from OPSM (aka Lenscrafters equivalent in Australia - owned by lux), so it's not like some back-alley shop...

You truly have no idea. :drinks:
I just find it kind of funny, I never questioned senior member's input when I was new here. Hell, i have been here over 2 years, have almost 5000 posts, and I still dont question info from people here that know their stuff, especially when I ASKED for their 2 cents. Where does this guy get off? I'm not saying senior members have all the answers, but when you have Kronin and Frank telling you you're wrong, chances are, you're wrong.

Back