• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are Oakley Romeo's so expensive?

I agree, plenty of them exist. Ebay has them up constantly, and I see at least 1 to 3 offers a week here in the exchange thread. Not sure about how many were made going on serials alone. I bought my R1s pretty early on and have a serial # 175639

On Flickr, I am a member of Oakley Addicts and another member recommended with picture documentation, that a 3M lens gasket put at the frame where the upper gasket can be found reduces the stress on the glasses. He had no probs anymore and said to me in a PM that I should got to an optrometrist and ask for it.

On Flickr, I am a member of Oakley Addicts and another member recommended with picture documentation, that a 3M lens gasket put at the frame where the upper gasket can be found reduces the stress on the glasses. He had no probs anymore and said to me in a PM that I should got to an optrometrist and ask for it.

Interesting, let me know about this.

This is not supply and demand. This is, for lack of a proper eco-term, what the traffic will bear. The current market is buying the Romeos at $500 and $600, which only drives the price up further. If the consuming segment didn't buy them, the prices would drop down. There is plenty of supply...

Don't know atrain, I don't think they'll be expensive… as Stormbringer2009 said, just drop by an optometrist and ask for those gaskets to reduce the stress, maybe print the photo and show it to them…

Don't know atrain, I don't think they'll be expensive… as Stormbringer2009 said, just drop by an optometrist and ask for those gaskets to reduce the stress, maybe print the photo and show it to them…

There has to be a way to get a hold of these on the net. I wonder what the proper name of this piece is called. Anyways thanks for the info.

This is all he told me over PM, these are 3M lens gaskets, but he didn't knew the order number, since went to the optmetrist himself asking to put them in. I'm also curious as you, what the order no. would be…

This is not supply and demand. This is, for lack of a proper eco-term, what the traffic will bear. The current market is buying the Romeos at $500 and $600, which only drives the price up further. If the consuming segment didn't buy them, the prices would drop down. There is plenty of supply...

Actually that would be supply and demand. Based on the deals that we're seeing on the forum, the intersection of the supply and demand curves seems to be somewhere between $500 and $600. If prices are going up, it's either because the supply is dwindling, demand is increasing, or a combination of the two.

Latest Posts

Back