• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are Oakley Romeo's so expensive?

This thread is from 3 years ago, but I guess still relevant today. @Gabriel Clemente I don't think you should wait on prices to drop. Doubt they will ever get less expensive than they are now. I could be wrong, but the trend seems to be that prices will keep going up since they were discontinued and for other reasons stated earlier in the thread. If you don't have all the money to spend at once, find a beat up pair, then slowly restore them.

This thread is from 3 years ago, but I guess still relevant today. @Gabriel Clemente I don't think you should wait on prices to drop. Doubt they will ever get less expensive than they are now. I could be wrong, but the trend seems to be that prices will keep going up since they were discontinued and for other reasons stated earlier in the thread. If you don't have all the money to spend at once, find a beat up pair, then slowly restore them.
Thank a lot for the tip! I'll do that find a beat up pair and the restore

Yeah man agree with you absolutely iconic, in my opninion R1 the best x-metal, followed by the mars too
Ah, my other favorite... I usually wear a juliet but am almost as likely to wear a Mars. I love the crazy looks I get. In fact, my daily Rx frame is the Oakley Overlord, a round titanium frame inspired by the Mars. Even has little orbital intakes with tiny screws like a Juliet.

Ah, my other favorite... I usually wear a juliet but am almost as likely to wear a Mars. I love the crazy looks I get. In fact, my daily Rx frame is the Oakley Overlord, a round titanium frame inspired by the Mars. Even has little orbital intakes with tiny screws like a Juliet.
HAHA i agree too LOVE THE CRAZY LOOK, like the mad science! Peace!!

You should not consider buying a Romeo 1 (or any X-metal) an expense. You can resell the pair at any time and get all your money back. With time, you will even get more money back.

Having a nice pair of Romeos to use whenever you like is way more fun than saving $650 in a bank account at almost no interest. If you need the cash, just resell and buy a new pair later.

This goes for all the original X-metals, as demand will always be high. Plastic Oakleys and faux metals are a different story.

Last edited:
You should not consider buying a Romeo 1 (or any X-metal) an expense. You can resell the pair at any time and get all your money back. With time, you will even get more money back.

Having a nice pair of Romeos to use whenever you like is way more fun than saving $650 in a bank account at almost no interest. If you need the cash, just resell and buy a new pair later.

This goes for all the original X-metals, as demand will always be high. Plastic Oakleys and faux metals are a different story.
Hahaha! The things don't fall out of the sky :rofl:

If the Gabriel wants one, he should get it because he wants it. I don't look at money, you like what you like. Resell value and stuff are a bonus.

If money is a problem, just get the coins together. But other than that, I leave money out of this hobby.

Sent from Q's Note5

Latest Posts

Back