• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are you ruining deals for other people?

heh I've had similar. I had a WTB post in a Facebook group and some guy replied saying he had some old Juliet's that he didn't wear and they were collecting dust, and he was happy to give them to me so long as I paid postage. These things were shot. Lenses, rubber etc all needed replacing, but still an amazing deal for me. Next minute you get all these folks going "Oh they're worth $1000" don't give them away and multiple similar replies.

Anyway, to his credit he replied "you're all just jealous he is getting them and you're not etc etc" and he ended up sending them my way.

i want to see photographic proof.

aka

pics or it didn’t happen.
723DDC36-2006-4945-A74A-68258986AE30.gif

Just ranting. Noticed on a different marketplace app that someone had sold a pair of Juliettes for about $80 bucks. Felt bummed I missed out on it, but such is life. Then noticed a couple hours later that it was re-posted for $300. I asked the seller and sure enough, someone had messaged her, telling her they were worth more and offering more money. Stop ruining deals for other people. It's not their fault she didn't bother to do proper research before posting them and all you're doing is being a selfish prick.

Note that I was not the buyer here.. just sick of people interfering with other people's deals often not to the benefit of anyone other than a seller who can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to figure out what they have and what it's worth. If you see someone get an awesome deal just nod and appreciate the fact that someone's day was just made. Don't ruin that out of jealousy.

Alright. Rant over.
I'll join your rant. A bit late, but still worth. Jealousy is a bitch. I hate it. Happened to me sometime ago, the person took the price up, way beyond a reasonable price, only to find out it was tough to sell it at gold price. Someone convince the guy the item was THAT worth. Well, he spent THREE MONTHS trying to sell it, until finally decided to take that price down again and sold to somebody else for just 10 bucks more than the price I was ready to pay. Pure stupidity. And karma, perhaps. Hate it.

heh I've had similar. I had a WTB post in a Facebook group and some guy replied saying he had some old Juliet's that he didn't wear and they were collecting dust, and he was happy to give them to me so long as I paid postage. These things were shot. Lenses, rubber etc all needed replacing, but still an amazing deal for me. Next minute you get all these folks going "Oh they're worth $1000" don't give them away and multiple similar replies.

Anyway, to his credit he replied "you're all just jealous he is getting them and you're not etc etc" and he ended up sending them my way.
That was a mature, big boy approach. That sounds like a guy everybody would like to have as a friend. Cool. Great for him. And for you, that kept those Julliets. Did you overhaul em? Nice n easy? They say Julliets (not diamonds) are forever. Are they?

You bet. Sent them off for a tune, some new lenses and linegear rubbers. Good as new.
That was a mature, big boy approach. That sounds like a guy everybody would like to have as a friend. Cool. Great for him. And for you, that kept those Julliets. Did you overhaul em? Nice n easy? They say Julliets (not diamonds) are forever. Are they?

Back