• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are you ruining deals for other people?

Sorry guys can't agree with you here. And you're not going to like this.

I don't think it's right to knowingly rip a seller off just because they don't know better. If someone urinates on your deep fried potatoes whilst you're trying this, then boo-hoo. What you were doing wasn't very nice to the seller either, it's karma in action and I don't think you have anything to complain about.

It's just like the nasty people that appear on the Antiques Roadshow (I know its transmitted worldwide). They've spotted a Ming Dynasty vase or an original Michael Angelo in a charity shop and snapped up for a £1. The expert tells them the item is worth £10m, what will they spend their windfall on?
It's a charity shop ffs. How about making a sizeable donation?

In the case here what's wrong with contacting the seller, explaining that they are selling themselves short and offering a fair price? Most sellers would be grateful & cut you a little slack. "If you hold out, on a good day you might get close to $xxx. But at that price it may take a long time to sell. I'll give you $yyy today because list defects which is several times your asking price."

Admittedly the first thing I would ask is if they've sold already.

Yeah I'm a newbie. Yeah I don't collect Oakley's, I came here looking for a spare part or some assistance with a repair. I do collect other stuff though & I don't approve of taking advantage of people.

TLDR: If you knowing offer the other children unfair swapsies, you've nothing to complain about when someone gazumps you with a fair offer.

Sorry guys can't agree with you here. And you're not going to like this.

I don't think it's right to knowingly rip a seller off just because they don't know better. If someone urinates on your deep fried potatoes whilst you're trying this, then boo-hoo. What you were doing wasn't very nice to the seller either, it's karma in action and I don't think you have anything to complain about.

It's just like the nasty people that appear on the Antiques Roadshow (I know its transmitted worldwide). They've spotted a Ming Dynasty vase or an original Michael Angelo in a charity shop and snapped up for a £1. The expert tells them the item is worth £10m, what will they spend their windfall on?
It's a charity shop ffs. How about making a sizeable donation?

In the case here what's wrong with contacting the seller, explaining that they are selling themselves short and offering a fair price? Most sellers would be grateful & cut you a little slack. "If you hold out, on a good day you might get close to $xxx. But at that price it may take a long time to sell. I'll give you $yyy today because list defects which is several times your asking price."

Admittedly the first thing I would ask is if they've sold already.

Yeah I'm a newbie. Yeah I don't collect Oakley's, I came here looking for a spare part or some assistance with a repair. I do collect other stuff though & I don't approve of taking advantage of people.

TLDR: If you knowing offer the other children unfair swapsies, you've nothing to complain about when someone gazumps you with a fair offer.
Who are you referring to?
In any case.
Why is it ripping someone of if you are willing to pay the asking price?
I spend everyday hours to learn about Oakley's so why is it my responsibility to teach someone who is too lazy to find out the market value of an item?
If you are not sure about the Market value, don't put an asking price on the Item but wait for offers.
Yes, it would be wrong to offer a Seller 30,- for an Item you know is worth 400,- but the seller is asking 50,-.
But that was not the case.

Who are you referring to?
In any case.
Why is it ripping someone of if you are willing to pay the asking price?
I spend everyday hours to learn about Oakley's so why is it my responsibility to teach someone who is too lazy to find out the market value of an item?
If you are not sure about the Market value, don't put an asking price on the Item but wait for offers.
Yes, it would be wrong to offer a Seller 30,- for an Item you know is worth 400,- but the seller is asking 50,-.
But that was not the case.
This! The seller needs to know what they're selling.

This! The seller needs to know what they're selling.
Ok, one more time.
I spend everyday hours to learn about Oakley's so why is it my or anybody's obligation to educate someone who is too lazy to find out the market value of an item?
Every sales Portal has a search function, right?
Once more.

Last edited:
Back