• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why can’t anyone ever call you back?

Medusa50

I own Oakley
East Coast
I contact the Oakley store in order to get a RX frame. The manager I know has moved on and the Assistant Manager is now the new manager. He remembers me and I tell him I’m looking for a specific frame. I give him my number and he says he will look into it and call me back. That was Wednesday. This morning I call again and I tell the girl who answers I’m looking for the manager. She says he is due in at 12. I leave my number again and I tell her I’m waiting for a call back because he was supposed to check on something for me. It’s now 5:30 and no one called me back. Do you know how much money I’ve spent there? What’s wrong with everyone? Do I have to be a complete ******* to get someone to return my call because if that’s what it takes I’m real good at making things uncomfortable.

Just called the store. Apparently the manager went home already. Must be nice to work less than 6 hours, not return phone calls for loyal revenue generating customers and leave early during a holiday shopping weekend when most retailers look to do everything they can to turn a profit. I was given the excuse maybe he forgot to call you because it’s Black Friday weekend. Really.? Maybe I’ll just forget to shop there anymore. How bout that?

How bout that?

artworks-000204267542-h1bs3u-t500x500.jpg

Hate this too. I've been using the same car dealer for decades - it's a bit awkward to get to now, but it's the only franchised dealer in the area so a bit of a captive market. When they have a car for any reason, I want them to call me nice and early so I can arrange to collect it (which usually involves a taxi there - they used to collect it and deliver it back to my place of work, but that service seems to have disappeared), but do they? No, they leave it until the last moment, meaning I usually have to get a taxi out there... Maybe I should start billing them for the cab.

Why haven't you just started hitting me up for frames? I can get any current oakley frame, especially opthalmic frames. Oh ya, I always reply.
+1. Yeah. He does!! It's because he DOESN'T work for Luxottica who are downsizing and squeezing the life out of their people.

Why haven't you just started hitting me up for frames? I can get any current oakley frame, especially opthalmic frames. Oh ya, I always reply.
Unless this has happened many times, I would let it slide. Once or twice is acceptable. I mean the guy is new in the position. He might be overwhelmed. I try to give the benefit of the doubt. He will eventually learn.
youre a better person than me. I give people once chance to succeed. FAIL. He will learn perhaps. Not on my dime.

Hate this too. I've been using the same car dealer for decades - it's a bit awkward to get to now, but it's the only franchised dealer in the area so a bit of a captive market. When they have a car for any reason, I want them to call me nice and early so I can arrange to collect it (which usually involves a taxi there - they used to collect it and deliver it back to my place of work, but that service seems to have disappeared), but do they? No, they leave it until the last moment, meaning I usually have to get a taxi out there... Maybe I should start billing them for the cab.
The price of a phone call is cheap, the value is immeasurable. The message people send when they don’t respond the way you’ve asked is a slap in the face. When people say they will call you and they don’t is just like saying YOU DONT MATTER. It wasn’t important enough to me to call you back.

Latest Posts

Back