• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WHY DayummJOHN IS BANNED, HE ALMOST SCAMMED ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is feeding me some crap about the member here screwed up his paypal because he refunded the pit boss money twice..paypal said they are "reviewing" his account...nice glad it was only $25....

I gotta say. Im surprised this site encourages or even allows gifting via paypal. It violates TOS, and may be illegal in some cases. Its interstate commerce, and it involves tax evasion for those who sell for profit.

I always found that kinda odd as well...

I dealt with dayuummJOHN as well. Bought some dispatches from him like 3 weeks ago. He pm'd me from both of his accounts which obviously threw some red flags up... but I went ahead with the deal anyways. I received them just as described. Glad I didn't get taken...

just received a portion of what is owed. so far he is honoring his word, albeit slow, but I have to give him credit...

I gotta say. Im surprised this site encourages or even allows gifting via paypal. It violates TOS, and may be illegal in some cases. Its interstate commerce, and it involves tax evasion for those who sell for profit.
I've been saying this for a long time. Most sites I am on don't allow members to openly ask for gift payments. I'm surprised many people do this too despite the warnings and potential for getting scammed.

Not to mention PayPal can put your account on lock for 30 days and freeze your account balance, if you are doing too many gift transactions. I do a lot of business through PayPal so it was painful when they did this to me.

As I recall, johnnyhundreds was his other username. I remember him saying that someone "hacked" his other account and ruined his reputation or something along those lines. Recently, another member was owed money by him as part of a deal and he refused to pay or return messages etc. It got to the point that every time he posted, that other user had to post "you owe me money..."

Huh! I was just wondering what happened to johnnyhundreds, cause I hadn't seen him post in a long time. That answers that!

Most times when the seller asks for gifting I ask if it's okay to use regular payment and I'll pay the fees. I'd rather pay the small fee and be covered in case of a scam. Gifting money via Paypal is quite a risk especially if the transactions involve an expensive item.

My PayPal went limited then eBay says password incorrect then the email I use to PayPal locked, I called PayPal and the asks for my ssn, driver license, bill shows my address, invoices for the 35 items I sold on eBay in the last 5 years other wise they will refund the items I sold years ago, how in the world I can get invoices for used items I sold years ago
I'm thinking of closing my bank account and the credit cards linked to PayPal account as this went way far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back