• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WHY DayummJOHN IS BANNED, HE ALMOST SCAMMED ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you have to ask permission to pay using regular payment? as long as the seller gets the full amount of what he wanted gifted, he/she should have no concern on whether you paid the paypal fees or not. so far when they ask for gifted payment, i simply ignore it and pay as payment owed. i shell up for the paypal fees just so i have something to hold on too.
I ask them so that there's complete transparency in the transaction and no surprises.

I never ask for a gift payment. I understand there's a cost to do business and price my items accordingly. If shipping is included I don't bitch about it like some people have done to me. Not here on Oakley Forum, I've had nothing but good experiences that I can recall.

"My price is $150, so really after shipping and fees I'll barely make $100 on this :( " Then ask for more money, reduce your shipping costs, and sell in a venue or receive payment via a method that doesn't impose fees on the seller.

Don't jerk me around on the price, insist I pay your fees, or risk the transaction with using gift payments.

I ask them so that there's complete transparency in the transaction and no surprises.

yup, because some sellers are really anal and only want payment via paypal gift. heck, they even put it on their sales thread that's why its better to be completely transparent when making deals.

My PayPal went limited then eBay says password incorrect then the email I use to PayPal locked, I called PayPal and the asks for my ssn, driver license, bill shows my address, invoices for the 35 items I sold on eBay in the last 5 years other wise they will refund the items I sold years ago, how in the world I can get invoices for used items I sold years ago
I'm thinking of closing my bank account and the credit cards linked to PayPal account as this went way far.

Wait, what? Why are they asking for all these things from you if you are the one who is owed money? I have never seen this before from PP, hopefully this isn't their new practice.

All the posts about gifting money are for the most part on line. It is a risk for the buyer, Paypal probably wouldn't like it when done too much or too often. IF the seller pays the total and pay fees on his end the seller should not mind at all. He is still recieving his asking amount. Complaining about shipping or fees should not be in a sellers post. At the same time " my wife doesn't like them, I have to sell fast. or need money quickly unexpected bill came up" those should not be in there also. If it is an emergency and you need money then price your items accordingly and they will sell faster. I understand people doing this in true emergencies and wanting the top dollar and hoping forum members will help them out, but too many times people do this and then a week later say the exact same thing again. These are people who buy and sell on here all the time. Kinda pointless if people pay attention.

My philosophy - try and get top dollar, however if anyone ever purchases from me and doesn't like the item or thinks it was misrepresented, they are welcome to pm me and I will send funds back and pay shipping for the return with an apology. Once in a blue moon this will happen to anyone and business wise you just have to suck it up and resell. At least the risk for the buyer is low in this regards and they can feel , at least with words, better about thier purchase. If the item is used I pm this to whomever is buying. I am sure they will agree.
Just my two cents

Your name should be important to you and if your held untrustworthy by others, you should feel ashamed. Its Criminal to prey on others trust for your personal gain. Now if someone pays $7500.00 for a rare Jordan Romeo then that is their own fault. Should have researched it.

Ok. I believe this has gone far enough. No sense beating a dead horse. The forum rules clearly gives examples of how we as members should conduct ourselves when doing transactions. Also if the transaction appears to be getting complicated and you don't feel comfortable, pm the other person involved and Lear up the issue. Admin and Mods will not get involved with it unless there appears to be a blatant violation of the rules and the rules only. We can't do much about the transaction except allow you all as mature adults to decide what best suits you. Some of us have delt with each other with no issues but that doesn't mean a transaction with the same person again will go as well.

I am going to lock this thread for now, of admin decides to reopen it for comments it will be his choice. This forum is for Oakley enthusiasts not a place to vent about a transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back