• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why did Oakley discontinued the Xmetal line or even the repair service?

happyXwearer

Oakley Beginner
Was it because it's nearly indestructible and they weren't making money? I have sat on my metals multiple times and never feared they'd break. They could have continued to make money with selling spare parts.

Basically lux bought Oakley out and are to cheap to produce a quality product over profit. A huge culture identity. Plus the factories are shutdown whcih were not friendly to the environment. Several other threads go into more detail.

But why they don’t service them nor sell replacement rubbers or lenses is just plane stupid to me. They can make that fairly cheap and make a large profit.

Basically lux bought Oakley out and are to cheap to produce a quality product over profit. A huge culture identity. Plus the factories are shutdown whcih were not friendly to the environment. Several other threads go into more detail.

But why they don’t service them nor sell replacement rubbers or lenses is just plane stupid to me. They can make that fairly cheap and make a large profit.
But then we couldn't sell rubber sets for $200? 🙄

I like the irony of labelling something stupid and then spelling the adjective you chose to emphasise it incorrectly😂👍

FWIW in this context it's "Plain"

I like the irony of labelling something stupid and then spelling the adjective you chose to emphasise it incorrectly

FWIW in this context it's "Plain"

This is plane stupid
d841dd68725d724fc91ffd0249d9e732.gif

Back