• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Did You Buy Your X Metals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indestructible, look like NOTHING else, pieces of art masqerading as eyewear, the fact you are wearing a product made up of so many pieces and that required so much work, you are wearing something 99% of people are not (I have seen TWO people in 13 years wearing an XMetal and i live in a meteo area with nearly 2 million people). And so many other intagibles. X metals are just special...period. I dont care what Oakley tries to create and market as "Elite"...the X Metals were, are and always will be the true elite of Oakley. The fact that the brand sells O Matter Fast Jackets now fir $200 plus when Juliets are $325 is a crime. And ive gone back and forth over the years as to what model truly is the greatest....and its always come back to the Juliet. Ive owned the Romeo...3 at one time...and sold those; i own a Scelzi R2 i only keep because its SO unique; i owned 4 X Squareds at one time...one is traded for a Juliet and it very well may be only my Polished Ice i keep, even my XS 24K may go
well said the juliet is by far the most sucessful (and for good reason). although rarity wise, ive seen 4 other people (2 were ladies!) wearing them in just the past month, outside of the collecting community i know. they are definitely getting popular and getting decently "common".

Indestructible,

I would like to think so, and believe so. I don't understand why a company would start dropping support for things like nose bridges and rubber parts on there premium frames. The frames may live forever, but when they stop making the rubber orbital washers were going to have to figure out something new.

I would like to think so, and believe so. I don't understand why a company would start dropping support for things like nose bridges and rubber parts on there premium frames. The frames may live forever, but when they stop making the rubber orbital washers were going to have to figure out something new.

Already being/been done.

I got into the x-metals after my dad bought his Romeo's. I finally bought a pair of Penny's and I think they are still the coolest glasses i have ever owned. They have been out of my rotation for a while because of a loose nose-bridge, but thanks to this forum, that problem is being rectified as we speak and I cant wait to start rocking them again!

My wife likes to this I bought them just to pi$$ her off.

Really I just wanted an X-metal in my collection. I was hoping for a Mars but those are very difficult to get a hold of so at this point I settled for a juliet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back