• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Do Hydrophobic Lenses Come With Hydrophobic Solution?

ok lets clear this up, oakley cut the coating to save in "production time"(the say), they also are giving u the sample pen in all flak, radar, straight, fast, split, jaw, those where the styles that they used to come with it already on there. like said before they no longer are putting the H stickers on the glasses, some times u might find some that have the sticker on there and they are a box that was old and got missed and will now have the nano pen in it. also, i can say that they arent giving those pens away with any other frames other then the ones listed above (or in the lens boxes). for now the x-metals havent gotten the pens yet and elite same deal

ok lets clear this up, oakley cut the coating to save in "production time"(the say), they also are giving u the sample pen in all flak, radar, straight, fast, split, jaw, those where the styles that they used to come with it already on there. like said before they no longer are putting the H stickers on the glasses, some times u might find some that have the sticker on there and they are a box that was old and got missed and will now have the nano pen in it. also, i can say that they arent giving those pens away with any other frames other then the ones listed above (or in the lens boxes). for now the x-metals havent gotten the pens yet and elite same deal

this really sucks. my straight jackets didn't have an "H" sticker on them. i was looking forward to having a hydrophobic lens. i've got the nanoclear pen, and although it does make a difference, i dont think it works as well as a permanent hydrophobic coating would. and it makes the lenses hazy after a while. i've got a pair of flak jackets coming next week, maybe they will be hydrophobic.

ya it totally sucks, they hydrophobic is not the same as it used to be. permanent coating was much better, you used to be able draw on them with a sharpie and it would bead up like perfect, now when u put the nano pen on then try and do it, it doesnt work like it used to with beading up on the lens. (please dont try this on ur own lenses this could end badly, this was done on test lenses at a store).

as for your flaks coming H chances are slim, which sucks but hey crazier things have happened right!

ya it totally sucks, they hydrophobic is not the same as it used to be. permanent coating was much better, you used to be able draw on them with a sharpie and it would bead up like perfect, now when u put the nano pen on then try and do it, it doesnt work like it used to with beading up on the lens. (please dont try this on ur own lenses this could end badly, this was done on test lenses at a store).

as for your flaks coming H chances are slim, which sucks but hey crazier things have happened right!

yea, i figure its a long shot on the flaks. but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. lol.

Latest Posts

Back