• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why do I do this to myself?

TheDr9669

Oakley Beginner
This is my first post, but I have lurked for several years. I recently purchased some Ti02 Juliets in really good condition for a really good price and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. The Juliets are not my first "X Metal" Oakleys, I have had a pair of Badmans since the week they came out. (I won't discuss my general disappointment with them here.)
I have always had a love for the Juliets since they came out. When I finally got to the point I could afford them they were recently discontinued and prices jumped considerably around that time. I kicked myself for a long, long time. Then I got the Badman and thought my desire for the Juliets would subside. But instead it has grown. And here I am now awaiting my first pair...
I can already tell that this is going to end up just like my knife and flashlight collections; Never ending and always growing.

On this forum and in general bad man’s and madman’s were never considered X metals. They weren’t made in the same way and they weren’t made with the same quality so that’s probably part of your disappointment

Yeah, the Badman sunglasses were a learning experience for me. I love them to death and they are daily's for me right now, but I consider my Ducati Gascan's to be better quality. The anodizing is probably by second biggest sore spot. The first being the complete lack of factory support for things like lenses and rubber. In any case I am excited for my Juliet's and am already eyeballing some Romeo's. Why do rabbit holes always get so deep so fast???

Yeah, the Badman sunglasses were a learning experience for me. I love them to death and they are daily's for me right now, but I consider my Ducati Gascan's to be better quality. The anodizing is probably by second biggest sore spot. The first being the complete lack of factory support for things like lenses and rubber. In any case I am excited for my Juliet's and am already eyeballing some Romeo's. Why do rabbit holes always get so deep so fast???

Hi and welcome
The Juliet will be in a different quality and will last a lifetime, you can change lenses, rubbers, screws, tune up nose bridge.
With Madman/Badman it's not about if but when the stem/arm will break for you.
Enjoy your Juliet TiO2, it's a nice colorway

Last edited:
The less folding of the stems the better, keep them straight as much as you can to prolong the life. As Scarface said its not if but when they will break.

Welcome and Congrats on finally getting a Juliet, it’s my favorite frame, and yes it will the need to get more will get a lot worse!!!

Go ahead and complain about Badman’s, there’s several threads about it already:D

Soon you will need a case to store and display all that’s coming lol

So, my Ti02 Juliets finally came in. I had also ordered some aftermarket polarized lenses so I can put the originals away. I gotta say, I like them even more than I thought I would. Now to work on collecting a full set of Ti02 X-Metals... I also realized I already have a humble collection of Oakley glasses already!
qCgSre6.jpg

TN59mTF.jpg

uEPNQ6Z.jpg

Back