• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Do You Buy/collect Oakleys?

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
For me, I just wanted some quality shades. I got my first pair and fell in love with how good of quality they feel. I didn't know there were so many when I first bought a pair and have since had a strong desire to get more of the cooler frames. I can't get enough of the lens clarity and the frame quality, even on matter frames.

Just love everything about them, you feel great wearing them, and just started making a habit to want more an d more, my first pair were plasma Juliet's in 99, Ive bought 23 ever since

I love Oakley for the products they make and what they represent as a company. They are always raising the bar with everything they make.

I buy them because the lenses are perfect. Not to mention that Oakley isn't that famous in my country (Ray Ban and Carrera mentality around here) so I sometimes get some "what sunglasses are those?" types of questions. If I happen to see one person per month (other than me) using Oakleys, I'd consider it odd.

To piss off my wife, make my co-workers think I'm seriously deranged (and specifically to make it clear to my boss I DON'T need a raise) and confirm onlookers suspicions when I pull up in my growly exhaust, 1000 watt stereo blasting, orange muscle car with absurd vanity plates that I AM in fact a flashy vain SOB.

So that such be a lesson to all that to never judge a book by its cover as NONE of the above is actually the case.

Something you can collect, look at, admire and know the many trips to hell and back that you went through to locate some of the pieces of your collection. Its a good feeling (maybe not on the bank account) to be able to look at something and see your dedication.... I don't really display mine for show, certain friends know I have some (which I dont collect many). But just something for myself to know!

To piss off my wife, make my co-workers think I'm seriously deranged (and specifically to make it clear to my boss I DON'T need a raise) and confirm onlookers suspicions when I pull up in my growly exhaust, 1000 watt stereo blasting, orange muscle car with absurd vanity plates that I AM in fact a flashy vain SOB.

Ahahahaha!

I started with Eye Jackets because they were for a long time the only glasses I liked that would fit my head and properly cover my eyes. Then just within the past year or so I have started looking at other styles, the Metals in specific, and I made my first purchase this year and I really like the X metals too. I bought a Ducati XS and a R1 is next on the list with a XX Metal to follow... After that, who knows what the future brings for me from Oakley... :cool:

It all started with Jawbones, loved them because I could make franken glasses, change jaws, socks, ears etc. I had an old pair of dogs that I still wear, have had them for 10 years or so, then I stumbled upon this site and started exploring other Oakley styles. When I started looking beyond Jaws and Dogs, there were interesting styles, some of which don't look good on me so, I started buying different ones to try, as I did then there was another and another to get. It's kind of obsessive if you think about it, the hunt, the capture, it is painful on the bank account however.

Latest Posts

Back