• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why do you need another pair of sunglasses.........

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
Have you ever heard this or similar questions from a significant other, family member, friend, etc.........

Why do you need so many sunglasses?
Why do you keep buying more sunglasses?
What do you need another pair of sunglasses for?

I hear this all the time from my beloved wife and decided to start a thread for those of us who have others in our lives that are close to us that don't understand our passion for Oakleys.

I've given up trying to make her understand. Despite pointing out to her she has 35 pairs of shoes and 2319 pairs of earings, necklaces, and bracelets.

I have turned to a few tricks to help me through my dealings with her. Whenever she asks questions like "where is the money you took out of the bank yesterday" or "where is the money you got from selling our old xyz on craigslist"? Sometimes I now reply "I bought a new pair of Oakleys"

The look on her face is priceless.

I also found that asking forgiveness is easier than asking for permission.

I've even made up a game I like to call, "how long will it take her to notice I have a new pair"

Feel free to tell your story, vent your frustrations, or come here for solace. We understand

This is funny.

You actually counted all 2319 pairs of all her earrings, necklaces, and bracelets? :rofl:

And no......nobody in my family asks me WHY I buy more Oakleys....they know who I am.....what I do hear is "can I have those?" even though they know the reply...... "tell me what you want and I'll get it for you....you cannot have what I already have purchased...it's MINE"

This is funny.

You actually counted all 2319 pairs of all her earrings, necklaces, and bracelets? :rofl:

And no......nobody in my family asks me WHY I buy more Oakleys....they know who I am.....what I do hear is "can I have those?" even though they know the reply...... "tell me what you want and I'll get it for you....you cannot have what I already have purchased...it's MINE"

I didn't quite count them all. I made an estimate based on what I visually can see on her dresser and what I extrapolate she has in boxes hidden. That number was in reference to a movie and the scene involving that number was "very serious" in the context of the movie.

I didn't quite count them all. I made an estimate based on what I visually can see on her dresser and what I extrapolate she has in boxes hidden. That number was in reference to a movie and the scene involving that number was "very serious" in the context of the movie.
:rofl: I got it. :)

It's pretty simple - sunglasses are my thing. Everyone has one thing or another - I'm passionate about the product, the brand, and the history. As far as the collection goes, it's an investment that continues to appreciate in value.

It's pretty simple - sunglasses are my thing. Everyone has one thing or another - I'm passionate about the product, the brand, and the history. As far as the collection goes, it's an investment that continues to appreciate in value.
Amen, you speak my language (and I'm guessing most everyone else who is here as well).

I agree, everyone has their "thing". She just doesn't get it.

Back