• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why do you need another pair of sunglasses.........

It's pretty simple - sunglasses are my thing. Everyone has one thing or another - I'm passionate about the product, the brand, and the history. As far as the collection goes, it's an investment that continues to appreciate in value.
I've definitely been collecting the wrong things lol, but I like what I like and money isn't an issue when it comes to my collection. It's all good, though.

Amen, you speak my language (and I'm guessing most everyone else who is here as well).

I agree, everyone has their "thing". She just doesn't get it.

With my wife - she doesn't and will never "get it" but as long as I'm responsible financially with the collection she's fine. It's gotten better over time with a couple things helping... i.e. buying a pair of glasses for $80 on a local classified and selling it on eBay for $600 in less than 24 hours (gotta love when you find a good deal on a duplicate - easier to sell that way). It's a healthier addiction than many as well (booze, drugs, fast cars, video games, etc).

I also have a friend that's a member on here and we've had some big shipments sent together. When his "half" is 30 pairs and my "half" is 15 pairs, it makes my addiction seem pretty reasonable. Thanks @Nathandlarson!!!

With my wife - she doesn't and will never "get it" but as long as I'm responsible financially with the collection she's fine. It's gotten better over time with a couple things helping... i.e. buying a pair of glasses for $80 on a local classified and selling it on eBay for $600 in less than 24 hours (gotta love when you find a good deal on a duplicate - easier to sell that way). It's a healthier addiction than many as well (booze, drugs, fast cars, video games, etc).

I also have a friend that's a member on here and we've had some big shipments sent together. When his "half" is 30 pairs and my "half" is 15 pairs, it makes my addiction seem pretty reasonable. Thanks @Nathandlarson!!!
Can't forget Hookers and Cocaine! ;)

Maybe I can have your wife talk to mine..........

quote "i.e. buying a pair of glasses for $80 on a local classified and selling it on eBay for $600 in less than 24 hours".........NICE SCORE......the question is, how much of the $520 profit went back into the collection?

quote "I also have a friend that's a member on here and we've had some big shipments sent together. When his "half" is 30 pairs and my "half" is 15 pairs, it makes my addiction seem pretty reasonable"....... "Hi honey I'm home. - How many beers did you drink? - 15, but Joe had 30, I only had half of what he did" I'm going to try this see how well it works.......LOL

quote "i.e. buying a pair of glasses for $80 on a local classified and selling it on eBay for $600 in less than 24 hours".........NICE SCORE......the question is, how much of the $520 profit went back into the collection?

$520 went back in obviously. Silly question!

$520 went back in obviously. Silly question!
It was a silly question, but felt it necessary

Back