• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why does everyone hate KOs?

garrettlcustoms

Oakley Beginner
I know I know, blasphemy, but really whats the problem? A lot of the time the KOs are of similar build quality, lenses can be upgraded if needed and usually are of discontinued m9dels like the Juliets. Why does everone hate them? I think theyre a great, cheap alternative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are we taking about knock offs?

If so:
1) why would you want to put in cheaply made lenses in an expensive frame. It downagrades the whole item. I get for xmetals they are an easier altnative but realistically if you can buy the Frame you can buy the current marked up value of OEM lenses. I just night a few on eBay for 90-135

2) I’ve never really used any of the after market lenses but I’ve heard they are thinner and don’t fit the glasse properly. That gets back to lowering the entire product

3) I first started wearing Oakley’s when I was military. I was able to be comfortable knowing the glasses were completely ballistic proof protecting my eye sight. Yes it made a difference on several occasions. Being back home in case of a car accident it is nice knowing my eyesight is still safe in case something happens.

4) lastly, I’ll admit there is a level of vanity to knowing it is original.

Are we taking about knock offs?

If so:
1) why would you want to put in cheaply made lenses in an expensive frame. It downagrades the whole item. I get for xmetals they are an easier altnative but realistically if you can buy the Frame you can buy the current marked up value of OEM lenses. I just night a few on eBay for 90-135

2) I’ve never really used any of the after market lenses but I’ve heard they are thinner and don’t fit the glasse properly. That gets back to lowering the entire product

3) I first started wearing Oakley’s when I was military. I was able to be comfortable knowing the glasses were completely ballistic to protect eye sight. Yes it made a difference. Being back home in case of a car accident it is nice knowing my eyesight is still safe in case something happens.
I dont mean just the lenses, I mean the glasses as a whole as well. Interesting...hmm

I dont mean just the lenses, I mean the glasses as a whole as well. Interesting...hmm

For the frames specifically, I prefer the tight snug and how tough they are from not breaking. My first pair I got was when I was younger and I didn’t take care of it as I do today. They were square wire 1.0. I must have slept on them, stepped on them so many times. I also used them in Iraq, Death Valley, etc. They lasted for so many years before they snapped. No other glasses could have taken that beating.

For the frames specifically, I prefer the tight snug and how tough they are from not breaking. My first pair I got was when I was younger and I didn’t take care of it as I do today. They were square wire 1.0. I must have slept on them, stepped on them so many times. I also used them in Iraq, Death Valley, etc. They lasted for so many years before they snapped. No other glasses could have taken that beating.
Huh... well then. I guess theres a difference. haha nevermind

New member.
Only 4 posts in this "weird for a 1st post" thread...

Hmmmm....

Back