• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why does everyone hate KOs?

This video is why. Considering the fakes break when thrown against a wall....not to even mention the impact protection. Oakley used to have testimonials from Iraq and Afghanistan Vets who had bullets/shrapnel deflected by Oakleys. Also, the fakes melt on a wood fire... Meanwhile the originals needed a proprietary arc laser just to forge the titanium alloy in the first place, and would take a lot more than a grill to melt down. Also there are several examples on the forum of people who have accidentally run over theirs with a car and they held together surprisingly well, ruined but still in one piece.

I look at it this way. Most things nowadays are disposable. If I'm going to own something I really don't want to have to replace it in a year or 2. I don't have to replace my real Oakleys. They last (the old ones at least..these new lux offerings though....) and I don't have to worry about them. Its like my Colt Police Positive .38 from the early 1900's. My great grandfather was given this particular pistol as a reward after he apprehended a highwayman who tried to rob him one day. Its 100 years old. It still shoots, it has no defects, there is nothing wrong with it. Why the hell would I want a knock off when I have a 100 year old piece of history that still delivers? Quality kid...quality lasts. Knock offs are just cheap throwaway trash.

Last edited:
I know I know, blasphemy, but really whats the problem? A lot of the time the KOs are of similar build quality, lenses can be upgraded if needed and usually are of discontinued m9dels like the Juliets. Why does everone hate them? I think theyre a great, cheap alternative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
So are you suggesting that it is perfectly OK that someone takes a design, development and marketing efforts and blatantly rips off not only the company, but also the end user in some cases and pushes them off as original? could I buy you a membership @www.raybanforum.com?

I know I know, blasphemy, but really whats the problem? A lot of the time the KOs are of similar build quality, lenses can be upgraded if needed and usually are of discontinued m9dels like the Juliets. Why does everone hate them? I think theyre a great, cheap alternative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
What's the problem with taking someone else's car? It seems like a cheap alternative to buying your own...

It’s probably one of us using a second account....

785FE378-A33B-41C9-9466-0E122CA0D76E.jpeg

Back