• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why falling XMetal prices are bad.

I'll buy more whenever I see a good deal. People who think that paying "over retail" is bad have no clue what they're talking about. It's just ridiculous.

Do you really expect to pay $250 for an unused pair of Romeos, in original box, just because retail was $250 back in 1997? Have you ever heard of inflation? Have you ever heard of the concept of collecting?
Or, if I paid below retail for something, am I supposed to sell it below retail also?

Sent from Q's Note5

Or, if I paid below retail for something, am I supposed to sell it below retail also?

Sent from Q's Note5[/QUOTE

Lol no one in their right mind would! Everyone wants to make a quick buck. I see a trend of mint and complete x metals come from outside of the states. I'm willing to bet they sell at a clearance price.

I think that metals aren't crazy overpriced, maybe aside of romeos. For me the problem is that I experience every price listed in $ multiplied by 4 therefore getting a pair of glasses for 80%+ of your monthly salary would be just stupid and irresponsible. If I could have a decent 3k$ salary then buying a pair of 350 pennys from time to time wouldn't be that bad at all IMO. I pay 10% of my salary for various BS regulary.
It is a different story when it comes to unique pieces like jordan romeos and mars or some ichiro and other special editions. SE pieces are always way overpriced but that's the purpose of putting them to life. You want to have limited items you have to Pay for it and that's just the way it is. Personally I'm not after SE editions, prefer something I can use. I suppose that's the definition of a non collector.

I think that metals aren't crazy overpriced, maybe aside of romeos. For me the problem is that I experience every price listed in $ multiplied by 4 therefore getting a pair of glasses for 80%+ of your monthly salary would be just stupid and irresponsible. If I could have a decent 3k$ salary then buying a pair of 350 pennys from time to time wouldn't be that bad at all IMO. I pay 10% of my salary for various BS regulary.
It is a different story when it comes to unique pieces like jordan romeos and mars or some ichiro and other special editions. SE pieces are always way overpriced but that's the purpose of putting them to life. You want to have limited items you have to Pay for it and that's just the way it is. Personally I'm not after SE editions, prefer something I can use. I suppose that's the definition of a non collector.

Wasn't there a couple thousand R1 Jordan and leather mars? That's not a very limited... it's just a fact that people who bought them didn't know or care for their uniqueness at the time. No one expected the company to be sold much less x metals being discontinued.

Wasn't there a couple thousand R1 Jordan and leather mars? That's not a very limited... it's just a fact that people who bought them didn't know or care for their uniqueness at the time. No one expected the company to be sold much less x metals being discontinued.
Still 10 Times less than regular ones plus red socks, leather and the MJ factor :) Personally I love the leather mars but would never pay 2-3 times more to get that leather. When it comes to romeos the 4 digit number has absolutely no meaning for me and I would never give a cent more than for regular romeos. I could use one pair of each though :) I'll get regular mars for sure, romeos...sorry but no.

Still 10 Times less than regular ones plus red socks, leather and the MJ factor :) Personally I love the leather mars but would never pay 2-3 times more to get that leather. When it comes to romeos the 4 digit number has absolutely no meaning for me and I would never give a cent more than for regular romeos. I could use one pair of each though :) I'll get regular mars for sure, romeos...sorry but no.

:cool-20: Don't worry metals are getting cheaper and cheaper. Soon the average joe will be able to afford them all.

I have precious stones! Jewels! Gold! Name your price! I want that first gen xm ruby penny!
My kingdom for those penny! Take all you want!

F8A0B690-CF16-40CC-9FB2-AB93D6B2CC45.jpg

Back