• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why falling XMetal prices are bad.

There will always be a market for them wether they go up or down is the only real question.. This last year has been more of wearer collector market. The main reason why X squared went up in price and pennys dropped in price. I see as strong market for the casual wearer that still loves them to wear.. The main reason why high priced ones have dropped in price.. Somewhat higher prices for rare ones is under standable. But not 4-5 times for A serail ,some lenses or 4 digit serail and it's the same frame still... if they ever do drop to super low prices I will have hundreds of pairs of them

There will always be a market for them wether they go up or down is the only real question.. This last year has been more of wearer collector market. The main reason why X squared went up in price and pennys dropped in price. I see as strong market for the casual wearer that still loves them to wear.. The main reason why high priced ones have dropped in price.. Somewhat higher prices for rare ones is under standable. But not 4-5 times for A serail ,some lenses or 4 digit serail and it's the same frame still... if they ever do drop to super low prices I will have hundreds of pairs of them

Not if but when... they are going to drop it's just a matter of time.

I am watching a collector from here in AUST who is selling what seems to be his entire collection on eBay, These are some nice Xmetals, all in pristine condition and some with matched boxes. However his pricing is IMO over the top. In some cases he has some Juliets for $2K,AUD. Way out of my price thats for sure. Most of them are sitting at $1K AUD. Not a price I will be paying for beaters.

If that's who I think it is, he's a member here though not really active these days. Yes, collectible pieces at premium prices.

Back