• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why falling XMetal prices are bad.

Even better. I got one for 425 mint frame plasma, but lenses kinda have scratches.
I actually put the price rises down to how many more collectors their are. When I started a pair like the R1 plasma would hang around for a couple of days. Now, you would be lucky if they stayed around for more than a few seconds! Trouble is with that comes inflated prices as there are not as many pieces like the Plasma R1 to go around. Prices have gone crazy but, people are now seeing it's madness to pay that amount for them.

I actually put the price rises down to how many more collectors their are. When I started a pair like the R1 plasma would hang around for a couple of days. Now, you would be lucky if they stayed around for more than a few seconds! Trouble is with that comes inflated prices as there are not as many pieces like the Plasma R1 to go around. Prices have gone crazy but, people are now seeing it's madness to pay that amount for them.

Agree I remember the plasmas highest was 1250, then came down to 950 nib with extra lenses when most collectors retired. A few people collects now and most are retiring. I hardly doubt nowadays you see a noob spend 800 or more on a pair of sunglasses?? Especially a loose frame. Money is still there though on very exclusive pieces funny, but on plastics hahahahaha cocept studio pairs will “always” bring big bucks these never goes down they’re the king pieces.

Penny copper sold for 750
First gen penny xmetal 750 i bought them
24k xs 1250 i bought them vs 1600 at one time absurd.
Carbon polished ichiro 1300 (i think still over priced at that amount)

So generally prices has gone down as expected. They aint gold just sunglasses.
I though polished carbon ichiro full set matching had gone down to 850 (i sold one for that as did a few others) - if you paid 1,300 does that mean there’s been a recovery in Ichiro prices at least?

Just as people retire, new ones take their places. It been the same cycles for years now. Repeat repeat repeat! Up down up down up up down down. I don’t see X Sqaured ever being a low end pair again. I thought Penny’s would Eventually would come down in price as they do not fit most faces, while X Sqaured fits many more faces on average. According @pjd1234 and many others who are already gone,Collecting Xmetal should be done by now:D Yet people are still buying them .. @pjd1234 I told you reg mars and Plasma xx would go up :p and c-six would come down :king:

Last edited:
Just as people retire, new ones take their places. It been the same cycles for years now. Repeat repeat repeat! Up down up down up up down down. I don’t see X Sqaured ever being a low end pair again. I thought Penny’s would Eventually would come down in price as they do not fit most faces, while X Sqaured fits many more faces on average. According @pjd1234 and many others who are already gone,Collecting Xmetal should be done by now:D Yet people are still buying them .. @pjd1234 I told you reg mars and Plasma xx would go up :p and c-six would come down :king:

You’re nuts as usual, but then again you are dingo lol. Obviously you’re not from planet earth, but planet yoda hahahaha

Back