• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Future New Lenses Are No Longer Hydrophobics?

hahahahaha we just got our nanoclear in, all its not really the 2 in 1 cleaner, it just has the hydrophobic and then the nice cloth u get with the cleaning kit. no lens cleaner at all. worth 20 bucks....personally no unless u really want the hydrophobic on your non sport frames

oakleyguy7 said:
@The Game- that jump has just happened, the old flaks used to be 55 but if you go now and look you see that you will be getting a hydrophobic pen with the lenses now. so thats why there is the difference.
it happened last year

oakleyguy7 said:
hahahahaha we just got our nanoclear in, all its not really the 2 in 1 cleaner, it just has the hydrophobic and then the nice cloth u get with the cleaning kit. no lens cleaner at all. worth 20 bucks....personally no unless u really want the hydrophobic on your non sport frames

the main reason i like the nanoclear is to repel skin oils on the inside of the lens. i get tired of taking my sunglasses off and having skin oil where my eyebrow hits. i have 3 different frames and none of them are hydrophobic. i guess i'll pick up some lens cleaner and use it to clean. and follow it with some nanoclear. that should work, right?

ya def then just use the cleaner after since you will most likely have a little haze left on your lenses. the cleaner wont take it off so dont worry about that

oakleyguy7 said:
ya def then just use the cleaner after since you will most likely have a little haze left on your lenses.

so, nanoclear first and then lens cleaner? wont the lens cleaner remove all traces of the hydrophobic solution?

oakleyguy7 said:
the cleaner wont take it off so dont worry about that

i assume you mean "will" take it off?

no it wont. put the nanoclear on then your supposed to let it sit for like 30 seconds then wipe it off. the cleaner wont take it off

I think it is more is a production problem, Oakley got enormously higher demand the last years. You know oakley have a "small" manufacturing in USA, they save this Hydro finishing and reduce a step in the productionline. My Dealer told me that he heard from his Oakley Rep, it gives a special story about this idea. Most of the endconsumer (80%) do not know that is hydrophic, the idea behind, the benefit for you in fact they do not need this option.
But Oakley keep it on select models on Nanowires, Elite, Tangent, IcePick and Sport Fishing Lenses like Shallow, Deep Blue and VR28 Polarized lenses.

Back