• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why hasn’t anyone invested in color pattern anodizing the MM?

Talon

Oakley Beginner
As with titanium handles on phone cases, edc, pocket knives and fixed blade knives, there is a lot of creative options and people who can color anodize titanium. So I am wondering why no one has tried this with there minute machine or time tank(not sure of correct term). Is it that everyone loves the original look? Is it too much money to anodize? Can the sapphire crystal be removed and put back in? Are the screws and all small parts on the watch made of titanium? see attached pics for different color tones amd possibilities. Way more options than just these pics.

8279533E-D3AB-43BD-8CAA-0775904708DB.png

93C7E7FD-0990-45B5-B3B9-9C2E46F34D08.jpeg

72E0BF64-9547-4466-92E2-F2005F56E645.jpeg

As with titanium handles on phone cases, edc, pocket knives and fixed blade knives, there is a lot of creative options and people who can color anodize titanium. So I am wondering why no one has tried this with there minute machine or time tank(not sure of correct term). Is it that everyone loves the original look? Is it too much money to anodize? Can the sapphire crystal be removed and put back in? Are the screws and all small parts on the watch made of titanium? see attached pics for different color tones amd possibilities. Way more options than just these pics.

View attachment 878781

View attachment 878782

View attachment 878783
There’s plenty of people that color anodize both frames and watches here. @Lopaka KaMars created an entire color/voltage chart! I think most people prefer stock.

Latest Posts

Back