• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why is Oakley NOT Advertising Their New Releases?

discodave

Go Navy!
So the rumor mill says April 1st is the day that the new releases will come out (at least the new Flak Jacket anyway, among a few others).

If that's true then why the HELL isn't Oakley doing any sort of advertising announcing the releases?

You'd think they'd put out SOMETHING that gave people a glimpse of what they can soon get their hands on.

Up until this point, it's only been people that work for Oakley (O Stores, Vaults, etc) that have been leaking information.

Doesn't make any sense......

I was thinking the same thing. They should have been promoting the new sports models instead of the new X-Metals. I am genuinely excited for the Jawbreaker and Radar EV; and I think a lot of other people would be too...if they even knew about it.

I was thinking the same thing. They should have been promoting the new sports models instead of the new X-Metals. I am genuinely excited for the Jawbreaker and Radar EV; and I think a lot of other people would be too...if they even knew about it.

Exactly..... If they're not on this forum then they probably don't know about it. And interest can't be peaked if you don't know about it.

Maybe to keep the interest peaked

I think it's because of the target market and to a certain extent they have. For the Jawbreaker, which is primarily aimed at cyclists (who generally have more money to spend, generally/stereotypically), there are plenty of pics and posts on cycling websites about Cavendish, because I think that cyclists are more likely to upgrade if a new model comes out. For other athletes (runners, XC skiers, etc) maybe they're less likely to upgrade given the cost of the sunglasses and are happy with what they have. For instance, I know that at my ski club the most popular models are the radar and flak and without due cause to upgrade, people are more than content with what they have.
Probably wrong, but just a thought.
Also, come to think of it, which sport sunglasses brand (smith, rudy project, bliz) actually advertise their sunglasses? I've certainly never seen anything from anyone else, maybe it's just the industry norm.

I've never seen an ad on TV for Oakley. But I did call HQ not too long ago and the rep was telling me about all the new stuff they got coming soon. (He only talked about the badman and madman).

Like @max4321 said, maybe is just the industry form

Latest Posts

Back